Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Rebuilt low mile '68 455 short block w/ forged TRW pistons

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2011, 01:09 PM

Rebuilt low mile '68 455 short block w/ forged TRW pistons

This short block has been sitting on my engine stand unused and I no longer have any plans for it. I got it with my '68 project and that is on hold at the end of an overly long line of projects. Anyway, it was supposedly professionally assembled and machined with low miles. It is .030 over with TRW forged pistons, no ring ridge, bores and everything else look very clean. It was assembled when I got it and I took the heads and timing cover off to inspect it, everything looks great and it has been oiled up and bagged since. I don't know what cam is in it but I am sure it is not stock, I can removed the cam gear and see if i can find a part number if it makes a difference. I am looking to get $1000 out of it and am not interested in shipping. I am not highly motivated to sell it as I'm sure I'll wish I had it back someday, so that is a firm price.

I also have a very nice low run time big block Performer intake that I cleaned up nice and painted bronze, ready to bolt on for an additional $175
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Runner

Oh how I would love to put a 455 in my 68 convertible. But my wife would kill me.... can't spend anymore money on my car with a baby coming in 5 weeks
Old August 18th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Joffrio,

Congrads on the baby! Big changes ahead: ) I know how it is, I'm saddled with this budget and family too, it is a bummer to say the least! (not really, well the budget is kind of a bummer)

Take care,

Jon