Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

New USA Race parts- Billet crank and Howard’s ultimate Billet rods

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2021, 07:58 AM

New USA Race parts- Billet crank and Howard’s ultimate Billet rods

Sale Pending

Greetings Olds team members,

I have been holding these parts for a while now. We had a recent death in my immediate family and in trying to cover the related out of pocket medical and funeral costs showing up, I am trying to sell several items to help cover the costs.

I can’t really see a possibility of me buying the Rocket block that I had hoped to run these in.

These parts are all made in USA, and now out of production.

I would like to sell this setup as a whole package, crank and rods, because they are matched for the correct dimensions together.

The Crank is a USA made Scat Billet piece made from Timken steel. It has a stock 4.250 Stroke, but uses the preferred Big Block Chevy rod journal size, and requires a 6.800 inch connecting rod. This crank is setup for internal balance, and will require the proper balancer (I suggest an ATI piece).

In speaking with several of the best builders, and knowing the limitations of the cylinder heads available caused me to justify this super high quality stock stroke length crank instead of the longer stroke 4.500 model. Olds engines already make lots of torque. An even longer stroke than stock just makes the engine nose over earlier in the RPM power band with the issue that it is very difficult to get heads that flow 370+cfm . More power is typically found in higher RPM, through a larger bore size and more valve area combined. The Rocket block and this quality rotating assembly will allow a type of build not usually associated with Oldsmobile engines.

The Connecting Rods are the Howard’s ultimate Billet I beam 6.800 BBC Rods that haven’t been available for some time now. These are also made in the USA and use ARP2000 rod bolts. They are under-rated at 1000hp naturally aspirated, and will do well over that with boost. These weigh 775grams.

Both the Crank and the Rods had a cursory quick inspection by VORTECPRO to double check journal and rod bearing bore sizes and were found to be perfectly in spec and ready to use without any corrections required.

I have more than $2300 invested.

Sale pending

Last edited by Battenrunner; December 11th, 2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old December 9th, 2021, 05:52 AM

Pics posted finally