Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

FREE: Custom Cruiser parts

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Old(s) Fart

FREE: Custom Cruiser parts

I'm getting ready to scrap the 84 Custom Cruiser, so if anyone needs small parts or trim parts, you can have them free if we can arrange pickup (Northern VA area) or if you pay for shipping. Since my wife drives a 1985 D88, anything common to the sedans I'm probably keeping as spares, but the wagon-unique parts need to go. Don't get crazy - the 8.5" posi wagon axle or fiberglass tailgate aren't free (but ARE for sale) - but if you need the small stuff that you can never find, talk to me.

The car has a medium blue interior, one piece bench with arm rest, crank windows and manual seat. Let me know what you need. You've got about a week or two.
Old May 4th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

One thing to mention about some of the CC parts - specifically the front sheet metal. If anyone is planning to use the fenders or front doors (keep in mind that Olds and Buick shared a lot of front end sheet metal), the CC fenders and doors will fit but will NOT line up properly with the Delta/98 body lines. There is a different profile on the CC not shared by the other models.

Now all I need is an 78-87 CC to play on.
Old May 4th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Allan R
One thing to mention about some of the CC parts - specifically the front sheet metal. If anyone is planning to use the fenders or front doors (keep in mind that Olds and Buick shared a lot of front end sheet metal), the CC fenders and doors will fit but will NOT line up properly with the Delta/98 body lines. There is a different profile on the CC not shared by the other models.
Correct. All 1980-1990 B-body wagons use Chevy sheet metal from the firewall back. The CC front fenders are unique in that they transition from the Chevy door profile to the Olds header panel and hood (which are the same as those on sedans). I do have rust free, straight Chevy wagon power window doors that will fit a CC in my other ad.

Now all I need is an 78-87 CC to play on.
That can be arranged...
Old May 5th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Oldsdruid

Joe- PM Wayne Burgess over on AACA forums and I'll tell him to contact you also. He was looking for the woodgrain center dash trim for one of his Ninety Eights a while back and I think it was an 84. The dash had been cut for an aftermarket radio sometime in its past.

Though it sounds like your car was a basic model that may not have had all the extra switch openings...

I'm pleased with the rear bumper and fillers Tim and Marshall picked up for me in Carlisle. Now to find a high school kid taking auto body to get the poor old thing painted...
Old May 5th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by rocketraider
Joe- PM Wayne Burgess over on AACA forums and I'll tell him to contact you also. He was looking for the woodgrain center dash trim for one of his Ninety Eights a while back and I think it was an 84. The dash had been cut for an aftermarket radio sometime in its past.

Though it sounds like your car was a basic model that may not have had all the extra switch openings...

I'm pleased with the rear bumper and fillers Tim and Marshall picked up for me in Carlisle. Now to find a high school kid taking auto body to get the poor old thing painted...
Glenn,

I'm glad you liked the parts. I PM's Wayne, but the CC center dash panel has an opening on the lower RH corner for the power rear window switch and the rear defogger switch, so I don't know if that works for him.
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:21 AM

I'm looking for the front fender trim, right side rear (by the door).
Old May 5th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Lars
I'll shoot you a photo tonight to make sure it's the correct one.
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Old(s) Fart

Is this the piece you're looking for? Note that there is a small dent in the upper RH corner (front is to the right on this photo).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
2014-05-06_14-53-04_313.jpg (87.3 KB, 114 views)
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:14 AM

i think that's the front fender trim joe, I need the rear fender trim. ill try to load a pic soon
Old May 7th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

i think that's the front fender trim joe, I need the rear fender trim. ill try to load a pic soon
Yeah, based on your prior post :

Old May 7th, 2014, 07:32 AM

sorry this is it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20140416_145309.jpg (62.1 KB, 25 views)
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Old(s) Fart

sorry this is it
Which is exactly the piece I posted the photo of.
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:10 AM

no that's the front fender "front of fender trim" the 2 bolts bosses go through the fender and into some plastic inner fender panel that's inbetween the tire and bumper.
Old May 18th, 2014, 12:09 AM

Chrome trim

Hi Joe,

I was going to ask if you have the chrome molding that runs under the drivers door window at belt level available? GM part 20107269.

Cheers,

Fenn

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
I'm getting ready to scrap the 84 Custom Cruiser, so if anyone needs small parts or trim parts, you can have them free if we can arrange pickup (Northern VA area) or if you pay for shipping. Since my wife drives a 1985 D88, anything common to the sedans I'm probably keeping as spares, but the wagon-unique parts need to go. Don't get crazy - the 8.5" posi wagon axle or fiberglass tailgate aren't free (but ARE for sale) - but if you need the small stuff that you can never find, talk to me.

The car has a medium blue interior, one piece bench with arm rest, crank windows and manual seat. Let me know what you need. You've got about a week or two.