Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Anyone need ‘66 Delta 88 Convertible left rear window & trim?

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2022, 10:23 PM

Anyone need ‘66 Delta 88 Convertible left rear window & trim?

I was recently at a boneyard & rolled the dice on gathering a ‘66 88 convertible left rear quarter window and the rear 2 convertible reveal moldings from a ‘66 Olds 88.

For my ‘66 _98_. Uh nope. The Delta 88 parts are too short for a 98. I pretty much knew this, but was hoping against hope.

Joe P, was right for the 10,000th time. The difference between 98’s and 88’s in 1966 was a couple of inches in the rear passenger compartment. Ergo the Delta 88 reveal moldings and left rear quarter window are too short (front/rear) for my 98. Fun $75 dollar bet though.

Anyway my loss may be your gain. I’m not in the parts business, but I plainly don’t need these parts and one of you may.

These are boneyard grade stainless steel moldings and a boneyard grade piece of left rear quarter glass. By this I mean that for a driver, you may find them adequate. For a nice car, you’ll want to sand down & polish up the stainless. There are no big bends, but the usual scratches dullness. Maybe even a ding or 2. All of that is solvable by sanding, polishing & buffing. The glass is o.k., but probably not flaw free.

I paid $35 for the glass and $20 for each piece of trim. So pricing here is $75 plus the ride to your zip code. Not interested in profit, just don’t want to waste good rare parts I don’t need.

Happy to post pictures because that’s what I’d want if I saw this post. Please let me know if you’re interested.

Or I’ll hoard the parts in case I want to build an 1-of-none ‘66 Starfire convertible from a Dynamic 88 after some bonehead texting & driving yahoo kills my ‘66 Starfire coupe…

Cheers
Chris

PS: I believe owing to cost that the reveal moldings are only for the Delta 88. Not Jetstar, not Dynamic, which had simpler less expensive trim. At the edge, you could upgrade, which is fine by me, but I don’t want to mislead anyone.
Old June 17th, 2022, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by cfair
I

Or I’ll hoard the parts in case I want to build an 1-of-none ‘66 Starfire convertible from a Dynamic 88 after some bonehead texting & driving yahoo kills my ‘66 Starfire coupe…
Or maybe build a 2 of none...
Old June 17th, 2022, 06:46 AM

A man of impeccable taste, obviously. Or as my sister says “Great minds think alike”.

What happened to the car?

Chris
Old June 17th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by cfair
A man of impeccable taste, obviously. Or as my sister says “Great minds think alike”.

What happened to the car?

Chris
Ok you asked for it... was my daily in 1974, 35 dollar purchase. Car was stolen and crashed. Started out as a Delta but after the crash only parts car in the junkyard was a Sfire. Swapped the front clip and decided to go back and get the rest of the trim. My kid brother actually did the work and jazzed it up with the flames at 17 years old. He gave the car back to me few after a few years and I had it painted white. Was my daily again till about1987 when it was hit again in the rear quarter. I parked it in a garage for many years and thought about bringing it back to life but the frame was rotted Bad. The NJ salted roads did their thing so I parted it out. Have another 66 Delta vert waiting...someday.