Requesting pictures of Cranberry Metallic

Old February 18th, 2012, 08:48 PM

Requesting pictures of Cranberry Metallic

I'm currently getting my '75 Cutlass Salon redone at the body shop. Here's about the only paint that's in good shape on the car:

I've heard it called "2658 Cranberry Poly" or "74 Cranberry metallic." Either way, does anybody have an pictures they could share of this color in good shape on a car? I'm looking for as many as possible as I'm trying to decide if I want to respray the stock color or choose something close to it from another car. Thanks!
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Oldsdruid

74 is the GM paint code and that is pretty much what it will look like. It's a striking color polished out, really deep and intense color.

Olds used it from 1970 (as Grenadier Red) on up into the 80s (as Cranberry or Dark Autumn Maple). The 90s Cherry Red Metallic is I think the same formula, but goes by a different number.

Keep the Cranberry and throw a little more flake in the mix and you will have a car that will nearly blind you in bright sun. Keep in mind a deep intense color like that is going to need some chrome to offset it and keep from overpowering everything with deep red.
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:14 AM

I believe there's a earlier Cadillac Firemist color [60's] that's real close, but more metallic, and maybe a tinge of blue.
Striking in the sun!!
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Painting my 70 Cutlass the Grenadier Red next week-I will post some pics here when it"s done
Old February 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by sammy
Painting my 70 Cutlass the Grenadier Red next week-I will post some pics here when it"s done

I can't wait to see it. Thanks!

Still looking for any other pics anybody might have. Also, does anybody know if the SSIII wheels are painted with the exact same paint with the same level of "shine" as the body paint, or is it just something "matched?"
Old April 29th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by SkylinesSuck
I can't wait to see it. Thanks!

Still looking for any other pics anybody might have. Also, does anybody know if the SSIII wheels are painted with the exact same paint with the same level of "shine" as the body paint, or is it just something "matched?"
As you can see, the grenadier red I painted my Cutlass is is really affected by light!. In the sun it looks like a glass of red wine, and in less light the red deepens. I did the rims the same as the body, I may change that.

Ted