Has anyone used starfire paint (single stage)

Search this Thread

Old August 25th, 2011, 03:48 AM

Has anyone used starfire paint (single stage)

I was wondering if anyone has used a paint called Starfire (paintforcars.com). Their prices are very cheap and I wanted to know if someone here has used specifically their Acrylic Lacquer brand. It is a single stage paint and I have heard some good reviews but have not seen any pics of the lacquer, only pics of the enamel. I know the BC/CC is the norm today but I am curious about this paint and wanted to see what you guys thought about this product. I am also looking for a factory style paint job, I want it to look like it was painted in 1966 and really dont want to spend $500 for a gallon of PPG Lacquer.
Old October 29th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by CutlassLegend
I was wondering if anyone has used a paint called Starfire (paintforcars.com). Their prices are very cheap and I wanted to know if someone here has used specifically their Acrylic Lacquer brand. It is a single stage paint and I have heard some good reviews but have not seen any pics of the lacquer, only pics of the enamel. I know the BC/CC is the norm today but I am curious about this paint and wanted to see what you guys thought about this product. I am also looking for a factory style paint job, I want it to look like it was painted in 1966 and really dont want to spend $500 for a gallon of PPG Lacquer.
I've been asking this same question. The paint looks like a good bet for the price. Reds are vastly more expensive than other colors.
Old January 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM
L69

I have used this paint in the past and it is relatively cheap. Takes alot longer to dry than a high quality PPG or House of Color. I only used it as I was painting a car for a friend and this is what he bought, I personally would not use it for my self unless I was in a money jam, but then again if I was in a money jam I would not be painting my car. Spend the money of the right paint as it makes a big difference in application and quality. I would use PPG even their industrial grade is far superior than this stuff. Hope this helps.
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

i used eastwood and i liked how it came out i painted the girlfriends blazer which she off roads. it with stood scratches and what ever scratches where put on buffed out gotta love single stage.