Radiator suppliers - who makes the most authentic '70

Old September 23rd, 2016, 05:40 PM

Radiator suppliers - who makes the most authentic '70

Just seeking some guidance from those with experience in suppliers of radiators. I need to replace the radiator in my '70 W30 and looking to find who makes the most authentic reproductions. I'm in Australia so don't want to make a costly mistake shipping something that big from the states only to find it's not what I expected. Recommendations appreciated. Thanks.
Old September 23rd, 2016, 05:54 PM

Did you know that there are codes pressed into the tanks? Since you have a W30 I'd keep the original tanks and have it re-cored. Also look for the tags, they clip onto the tank. Over the years many of these have been removed and lost. If you have them pull them off before sending the radiator out to be re-cored. Attached is a picture as an example of what to look for. John

P8101135.jpg
Old September 23rd, 2016, 07:23 PM

Thanks John, sadly my radiator has been repaired at some stage and the clipped on tag in in your photo is gone unfortunately. The tanks are actually fairly decent and there is a soldered on tag on the side of the tank, so perhaps its just better to get it recored here and preserve what history is left in the car. Really appreciate your post. Cheers Rohan
Old September 23rd, 2016, 08:11 PM

yes as John said recore it, wish I realized that the first time around myself. The correct radiator for a 70 would have a filler tube opening parallel to the ground, 71 and newer the filler neck i on a 30 degree or so angle.

I believe the Parts Place has a pretty original looking replica but its quite expensive. The other ones that are considered repo versions of the Harisson radiator have the the angled filler tube and are incorrect for your application
Old September 24th, 2016, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by stevengerard
yes as John said recore it, wish I realized that the first time around myself. The correct radiator for a 70 would have a filler tube opening parallel to the ground, 71 and newer the filler neck i on a 30 degree or so angle.

I believe the Parts Place has a pretty original looking replica but its quite expensive. The other ones that are considered repo versions of the Harisson radiator have the the angled filler tube and are incorrect for your application
Thanks Steven,
luckily my radiator has the correct flat type filler (not angled) and the tanks are very good - its just the core that has seen better days. I'll do justice to the car and just recore the radiator. Thanks for your feedback.
Cheers from Australia.
Rohan