Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

79 omega

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2014, 03:03 PM

79 omega

I'm new to the Oldsmobile world. I'm looking for other omega owners that can share their knowledge. I'm in search of a hood cowl or stock and interior parts. Any history of these cars is of great help.
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:24 PM
major noob

What cha need man I have a lot of stuff
Old July 9th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by I B Camin
I'm new to the Oldsmobile world. I'm looking for other omega owners that can share their knowledge. I'm in search of a hood cowl or stock and interior parts. Any history of these cars is of great help.
Hey there and welcome! I am pretty new myself and have a 1978 Omega I am restoring, talking about cowls, I got myself a scoop for as cobra for $20 brand new at a flea market. Not quite sure how much you already know so forgive me if I am overlapping, the majority of your interior you might need will be from a 1975 to 1979 Nova and including most of your body panels like quarter (with work) and trunk lids, also, all of your suspension will match the Nova and Camaros like the 1981, but PLEASE go to this site, they show things than interchange with X bodies including our Omegas, their parts and interior.
http://rmcavoy.freeshell.org/nova_parts.html
If you have the interior I would suggest restoring the parts and painting them, they get very expensive
By the way, what sort of motor do you have? There's some really cool stuff about the olds motors like the head swapping you can do between almost all of the olds motors.
Old July 9th, 2014, 07:09 PM

Is there any catalogs that can be mailed to u for these cars
Old July 9th, 2014, 07:10 PM
major noob

I wish
Old July 10th, 2014, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by I B Camin
Is there any catalogs that can be mailed to u for these cars
ACTUALLY, classic industries offers a catalog for the nova, I would love to have one but I am cheap they are 8-12 dollars depending on where you live. Check it out. http://www.classicindustries.com/nova/catalog.html
I would first get the summit racing catalog, it's prices are about the cheapest for everything.

I would also order a Camaro book from National Parts Depot, things from there interchange with some things on the Omega like door pins, hinges maybe, sway bar bushings and other front end parts, and because it is a GM rear end I believe most of the rear stuff is similar,compare them to the original to confirm before buying and maybe do some research.

Sadly that is about it for books, you may want to get some nova or X body build books, I find it helpful to just see what's what before I do something.

If you live in the US I know they do a flea market just for olds buick and Pontiac parts. If you live in canada I would stick to nova parts and go to auto flea markets and post some wanted ads.
Old July 10th, 2014, 04:43 AM

hollender makes a cross-over book for the nova which can be a help.I think I paid $20 for mine.
And the summit web site is much better than the catalog cause pretty everything olds is not in the book.
railguy
Old July 12th, 2014, 03:12 PM

I have a olds350 and a auto tranny that I think it needs a new shift sensor cause 1st gear shifts at 3500 rpm