Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

Chevelle Super Sport

Search this Thread

Old November 17th, 2007, 01:05 PM
dar83501

Chevelle Super Sport

I know it's not an Oldsmobile...but I think I should share this one with the boards anyway.

The other day I was driving around town with my buddy Josh after dropping off a battery at Les Schwab (anybody remember the fruit orchard see a pattern here?). Out of nowhere, we drive by this kinda junky looking house with a carport. Under the carport is this deep blue car, with "Chevelle SS" and suchnot on the back. This catching my attention, I cruised through a circular driveway that went past the carport and connected to the side street.

The last tags on the car were 93...the car was very late 60's or very early 70's. I saw no rust. I saw no dings on the rear and passenger's side at all. In fact, I daresay, it looked to be very straight (Couldn't see the driver's side or the nose too good) and it was covered with about an eight inch of dust. The thought crossed my mind that this could be a clone, but I don't know.

It is now my mission to contact these people, whether or not they're contankerous old folks that don't want to sell their car, and see if they know what they've got or not.

I couldn't get any pictures of it yet...I get the feeling taking pictures carries risk of being shot at.

Old November 17th, 2007, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by dar83501
I know it's not an Oldsmobile...but I think I should share this one with the boards anyway.

The other day I was driving around town with my buddy Josh after dropping off a battery at Les Schwab (anybody remember the fruit orchard see a pattern here?). Out of nowhere, we drive by this kinda junky looking house with a carport. Under the carport is this deep blue car, with "Chevelle SS" and suchnot on the back. This catching my attention, I cruised through a circular driveway that went past the carport and connected to the side street.

The last tags on the car were 93...the car was very late 60's or very early 70's. I saw no rust. I saw no dings on the rear and passenger's side at all. In fact, I daresay, it looked to be very straight (Couldn't see the driver's side or the nose too good) and it was covered with about an eight inch of dust. The thought crossed my mind that this could be a clone, but I don't know.

It is now my mission to contact these people, whether or not they're contankerous old folks that don't want to sell their car, and see if they know what they've got or not.

I couldn't get any pictures of it yet...I get the feeling taking pictures carries risk of being shot at.
Most times thats how it's done, gulp, and walk up to the front door, and knock.
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:19 PM
dar83501

Indeed.

Old November 17th, 2007, 05:24 PM

Dar Being a locater for vintage & classics Just Ask! Take a pen & paper get info,Do not try to dicker on price unless you have $CASH in hand. Dont be suprised if they say WELL IM GONNA FIX HER UP one of these days,Then leave them your # & a thanks & walk away .I know of a 69 442 now setting in the dirt .Still not for sale after 15 yr GO FOR IT!
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Last time I did this, an old lady invited me in, baked me cookies, and showed me pictures for 2 hours. She was a wonderful lady, but she wanted me to fix the car up and show her once it was finished, and I only needed it for parts. So I opted not to make her sad by chopping it to pieces, it was her dead husband's car

Waste of time car wise, but great time "people" wise.
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM

Sad story J do you remember What kind of cookies?
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Oh yeah!!!
They were chocolate choclate chip. Tasted just like brownies.

I wonder if she is still around, that was like 4 years ago now that I think about it. I haven't driven that road since my job moved.
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:06 PM

Back to Dar. Go for it . J still taste em!
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Rocketeer Jr.

Dar, you never know until you ask. I bought a '67 Barracuda for $400 one time just by knocking on the door (and drove it to the prom). (have pics)

On the other hand, an elderly man down the road from us had a 1913 Overland that he always claimed " I'm saving for my grandkids".

He sure did, they were out there playing with matches one day and burned the shop-car and all-to the ground.

Ya never know till you ask, Jeff
Old November 17th, 2007, 06:33 PM
dar83501

There's so many cars sitting around screaming to be restored, they're trying to take my focus off my Oldsmobile =(

Old November 17th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Rocketeer Jr.

Originally Posted by J-(Chicago)
Last time I did this, an old lady invited me in, baked me cookies, and showed me pictures for 2 hours. She was a wonderful lady, but she wanted me to fix the car up and show her once it was finished, and I only needed it for parts. So I opted not to make her sad by chopping it to pieces, it was her dead husband's car

Waste of time car wise, but great time "people" wise.
That shows class on your part. Jeff
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:37 AM
dar83501

I happened to cruise by today and see they were home...Turns out just as I feared.

Grumpy old man who probably fought in world war II who doesn't want to sell his car, or talk to anybody that wants to buy his car, or have any communication with the outside world at all. I fear the car is going to rot away in his car port...Although that is his right, it still deserves to be fixed up, especially in as good of condition as it appeared to be in =(

Man..he was grumpy. I wonder how many dozens of people he's turned down before me, heh.

Old November 20th, 2007, 04:45 AM

Ya you need to send Js little old lady over to bake him some cookies & soften him up
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

I fear the car is going to rot away in his car port...Although that is his right, it still deserves to be fixed up, especially in as good of condition as it appeared to be in =(
Hey, if he had a garage, or a tarp, no one would have to look at it.
He's askin for it.
Old November 20th, 2007, 01:35 PM
dar83501

He's askin for it.

Agreed! In other news, we finally figured out what was wrong with the junker subaru, it's gone...one step closer to getting my cutlass in the shop.

Old November 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Agreed! In other news, we finally figured out what was wrong with the junker subaru, it's gone...one step closer to getting my cutlass in the shop.
Let me guess......
You forgot to hook the coil wire to the dynamite didn't you?
Old November 20th, 2007, 03:43 PM

He's askin for it.
Thats my take, another thing he won't live forever, so keep an eye out (not hoping anyone to die), but his wife might part with it. I live in the midwest, ALOT of times I see old cars, trucks sitting rotting away in a field becuase of some old codger didn't trade it in, but just bought new, and turned the old vehicle to "pasture".
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:20 PM

Glad to hear you got the SUB out ,My Olds Just got put on the back burner again for a John Deer . Hate it when I have to make a pay check $ . 54 Olds will be back in soon working on interior& better brakes.,
Old November 20th, 2007, 07:43 PM
dar83501

Let me guess......
You forgot to hook the coil wire to the dynamite didn't you?

No, two of the hamsters weren't firing properly...

Actually, it was a pretty simple fix. The battery was bad, got a new battery, rechecked the wiring, found out that the fan and the temp gauge weren't wired correctly, fixed em, and it ran just fine.

On a related note above, my friend Josh and I (avid Honda dis-enthusiasts) have affectionately renamed V-Tec to "Vermin-Tec - Powered by Hamsters"

Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM

My aunt has a 68 Mustang sitting in her garage. She bought it new. She hasn't driven it since the early 70's. It is still sitting, collecting dust, and whatever else gets tossed in there.
My mom sold her 67 Barracuda convertible to some guy, and he sent her pics of it after he restored it.
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:28 PM
is Fast Enough ...

I've scored when people have cars that they won't sell for any price . Then they decide to sell and find out what a bunch of hoser posers they knows.So they junk it or sell it to me. I have a rep for removing the car quickly, and taking care of paperwork . I got a '69 ss 396 and it had nmo suspension so I bolted up some cutlass stuff and towed it away. The guy was so impressed he threw in the ss hood and a 12 bolt posi. I also like showing up to see a wife peeking around the corner. "It goes or I go ..."
Old December 15th, 2008, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Most times thats how it's done, gulp, and walk up to the front door, and knock.
There's an 82 98 by me and I'm wondering if I should do the same thing
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:36 AM

This thread is only 1 year old.

Norm
Old December 19th, 2008, 06:53 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Originally Posted by 88 coupe
This thread is only 1 year old.

Norm
I forgot how I got here but I never looked at the date ...

I will in the future ...
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:28 PM

It took me several years to get my Bro-in-law to sell me this car. I think the turning point was I told him I would let him have first chance at buying it back... And he did a couple years later