Non-Oldsmobile Classified Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1970 SS396 Cranberry Red Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2017, 02:41 PM

1970 SS396 Cranberry Red Chevelle

*For Sale - 1970 SS396 Cranberry Red Chevelle.

The Perfect Fathers Day Gift

This owner has owned this beautiful 1970 SS396 Chevelle for 13 years. This Chevelle is his love and joy....as is evident immediately when you walk into his garage, you automatically notice all the award winning trophies that this car has won. This is an Atlanta built Chevelle which retains it's original build sheet. The previous owner that restored the Chevelle was a retired GM Mechanic....which is clearly obvious by the restoration and workmanship of this Chevelle. I can honestly say that this Chevelle is 95% all GM. The Chevelle has never once seen rain or snow since it was restored.

Real Cranberry Red Car

Early Built Car - 12B

All original body panel car

Restored 20 years ago

Items which were added to the car:

1, Black Vinyl Top

2, Gauge Package...GM

3, AM/FM Radio ( the car was born with AM radio) GM

4, Right Side Door Mirror - GM

The car retains all its original glass, minus the front windshield. The car is equipped with light group package - Hood light and trunk light. Both work.

Born with 396 engine.

Born with T400 Trans

Born with 12 housing - 3.31 (open - non posi rear end)

The only thing that does not operate as it should is the A/C.

Beautiful black bench seat interior.

The Paint is extremely nice on this Chevelle. Under the hood is extremely clean and detailed. All it needs under the hood is two correct clamps and the hood hinges, hood latch and bracket to be resorted in factory phosphate finish.

This is a four owner car. That has been pampered and very well maintained.

No Disappointments. A beautiful Real Deal Documented 1970 SS396 Cranberry Red Chevelle.

$56K

If you have any questions please email me at....abodymuscle@aol.com

Thank You,

Dan Vasic

Here are the owners own words:

A DREAM FULFILLED....

From the time I was a small boy, I loved cars. I knew the year, make and model of every American car. My Dad owned a 1953 Buick Roadmaster that I would help him polish and wax twice a year. I loved the gleaming chrome grill on that car. As a teenager it was my job to detail the family cars.

I got my driver’s license the day after my 16th birthday. I worked as a stock boy at a local grocery store and saved every dime to someday purchase my dream car. My dream was to purchase a Chevelle SS 396. In April of 1969, I put in an order at Brigance Chevrolet in Oak Park for a 1969 Chevelle SS 396, in garnet red with a black vinyl top. I loved that car!

In 1972 I got a job selling life insurance. I was doing a lot of driving and was only getting 8-12 miles per gallon in gas. I needed to get a more fuel efficient car. It was a very sad day when I sold my Chevelle. I promised myself that day that someday I would get my car back.

When I turned 50, I entertained the idea of fulfilling that promise I made myself years before. I started my search for finding my now classic car back. I remember driving my ’69 Chevelle and seeing the 1970 Chevelle on the street. I loved the new look of the ’70 with that Cowl Induction hood! I started my search looking for a ’70 Fathom Blue car with parchment interior. Since I am a purest, it had to have the original motor and transmission. I found that not to be an easy task. Most cars I looked at had replacement motors and transmissions and many had major modifications.

Finally after 2 years of searching, I found the perfect ’70 Chevelle. It was all stock in Cranberry Red with a black vinyl top mated with its original motor and transmission. It even had that Cowl Induction hood I had drooled over when I was a kid.

My son and I flew to Burlington, VT 1 week before Christmas of 2004. JACKPOT!!!!! THIS WAS THE CAR I HAD TO HAVE! I purchased the car from a retired GM mechanic who worked on these cars back in the day when they were new. He spent the two years that he had it giving special attention to detail in its engine compartment and undercarriage. He used OEM parts.

My plan for the car was to drive it and ENJOY it, participate in cruise nights and car shows. It was awarded many trophies and accolades in its 70’s Stock Class. After years of enjoying the car, I thought I would turn my focus on someday entering the car in the Chevy Vette Fest Show, hoping to get awarded the Gold Spinner or Bow Tie Award. I started to add parts to the car to make it even more correct. I added things such as T-3 headlights, date coded master cylinder, A/C hose fender clamp and correct finishes to specific parts of the car. The reproduction parts such as the water pump and alternator that are on the car I wanted to replace with date coded original parts. After months of searching I was able to find and purchase the original date coded parts I needed. I did not replace them, but I have them.

Now, I feel my life has taken on a new direction. With retirement on the horizon my focus has now turned to fulfilling another dream of mine. That dream is to see the USA in a Chevrolet….in other words ROAD TRIPS! I’d like to buy a late model Corvette and explore this beautiful country of ours. I wanted to drive the east and west coasts, Route 66, and National Parks to mention a few.

It’s been a difficult decision to make, but I would love to see my car go to someone who would truly appreciate its originality and continue the dream of owning and driving a 1970 Chevelle SS396.

image.jpg1_zps3fexsgyn.jpg

image.jpg16_zpscfal8gkg.jpg

image.jpg12_zpst8gze6ck.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsuq3e7qus.jpg

image.jpg7_zpsqplcf8ke.jpg

image.jpg13_zpspzlc612l.jpg

image.jpg14_zpsvf8v6n8k.jpg

image.jpg5_zpscjjgliyw.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsglwixgmp.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsiut452d8.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsrdncrdbh.jpg

image.jpg11_zpsebp8s1hi.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsahxqcxnj.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsavcwfigg.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsojuvdqh1.jpg

image.jpg11_zpstzyvyfko.jpg

image.jpg17_zpskhlbhdoj.jpg

Dan
Old May 15th, 2017, 02:44 PM

image.jpg12_zpsdb4byldd.jpg

image.jpg10_zpszoqvuyx1.jpg

image.jpg15_zpsrygf6vlm.jpg

Dan
Old May 15th, 2017, 06:27 PM

Wow

Exquisite restoration. Always loved the 70 SS 396
Old May 15th, 2017, 08:39 PM

Very nice Chevelle. The description notes an open rear axle, but the trunk lid has a limited slip warning decal. Was limited slip added at a later date? The description also notes the vinyl top was added, or was it just replaced? Would be unusual if it was added to an original non-vinyl top car.
Old May 21st, 2017, 05:32 AM
NOVICE car nut

Sweet
Old May 22nd, 2017, 08:05 PM

Nice car, glws!