Non-Olds Engines For discussion on non-Oldsmobile engines. All forum rules apply.

Rover Swap Intersting Article

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2017, 01:13 PM

Rover Swap Intersting Article

Those with cars that came with a 215 v8 from 61-63 know or have been told to consider a swap from a range rover or land rover Disovoery (i forget) 4.6 . they are new from 2000-2004, they fit right in, they have more hp, fuel injected, more displacement, can be supercharged ...you get the point.

As I've looked around my area I have found nothing but bad news, around me all these dicoveries that are being parted out are because of engine faliure, overheating is what most say.. some people i have contact tell me the engine just gave out of no where. Online, the same thing. It drove me to investigate more. I have included an article that i consider a must read for those considering this swap.

Do not be discouraged. But do not uninformed aswell. I believe the whole purpose for a swap is to replace something with a product that will bring reliability, cost effectiveness and well for my own personal purposes....performance.
but above all reliability.
below is the link if it does not work google search "The last word on Land Rover liner failures - I hope!'

http://robisonservice.blogspot.com/2...-failures.html

Last edited by RocketRonnie; March 3rd, 2017 at 01:22 PM.