64/98 glovebox lock cylinder

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2015, 06:11 AM

64/98 glovebox lock cylinder

Can this be changed, if I can find another case/housing to fit my own lockcylinder in to??

I believe the release mecanisme that pushes the hook, that grabs on the a metal thing inside the glovebox, is worn out, as the dosnt seems to let go enough to open, unless I help it a little on its way wi both hands, which only works every now and then.
Old April 16th, 2015, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jandk
Can this be changed, if I can find another case/housing to fit my own lockcylinder in to??

I believe the release mecanisme that pushes the hook, that grabs on the a metal thing inside the glovebox, is worn out, as the dosnt seems to let go enough to open, unless I help it a little on its way wi both hands, which only works every now and then.
Sometime lubricant helps the release mechanism, and on some cars the "metal thing inside the glovebox" can be adjusted.
Old April 17th, 2015, 12:20 AM

Sadly that isnt enough, because when pushing the button, the "rod" or what ever it is called, that pushes the springloaded hook, must have lost some material caused by wear, as the hook is not being moved enough to release from the metal thing inside the glovebox.

The mecanisme it self work smooth as it should. Its just the moving distance that is the problem, and why I would like to replace it, without changing the lockcylinder.

I will take a picture during the day