Waldron Exhausts, don't even bother.

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2014, 01:11 PM

Waldron Exhausts, don't even bother.

Just do not want other people screwed by this shop.

Would have been much cheaper/simpler to get a whole system build here other than paying for their mistakes and shipping.

Bought my WALDRON EXHAUST some time back and put it away for the resto. Went to fit it last week, attempted this at home as it was said by Waldron all pieces were arriving ready for bolt up.

well:

The front manifold pipes to the mufflers were ok, just needed a little trimming on the left pipe to get it through the chasis hole. No big issue I can handle that.

From here on in I could not do anything as nothing fit so I sent the car off to an exhaust shop.

Mufflers fitted ok to the pipes after a little work.

Intermediate pipes needed to be completely re-built as supplied ones did not fit at all, as bends in incorrect places. Why they cut a short piece in half and did not flare end to be able to connect it, I do not know.

The 2 x rear tail pipes were bent in different directions where they should have been close to mirror view of each other and would have had a better chance of being fitted. The ones supplied were completely off and sprouting out in different directions and no way were they going to fit under body or chasis.

Brought this to Waldron's Exhaust attention, and was fobbed off with excuses.
Beware Waldron Exhaust especially if you reside over seas.
They will send you the rubbish.

Old January 14th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Registered Luser

Sorry to hear that. They usually make nice stuff, although a little pricey. I recently installed a dual exhaust system on my '67 Delta that I bought from Classic Exhaust in Ohio....was a very nice fit.
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:30 PM

This is what I heard and was to believe about Waldron Exhaust. Hence why I went with them and not supporting our local businesses over here and going to a so called pro over there. My bad on this.

They even got another O/S customer from my recommendation-happy to do this was not after any remuneration, just helping a business along.
Item + shipping + repair/install of their crap product I could have got a whole new system here.

Oh well, live and learn.
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:31 PM

I have had bad dealings with them as well with ill fitting parts. The guy assumes everyone has a torch with rosebud tip to straighten out their poor bends. They are also know-it-alls who are mistaken about certain details specific to, in my instance, a 66 Delta 88. I was on the phone with them with a nos resonator in my hand (gm box and part number) that has an attached offset tail piece. They swore no offset was ever produced but they could replicate (custom) if I needed the offset work. They said not factory and not original case closed.
Old January 14th, 2014, 01:35 PM

Hi Oldsmaniac,

My exhaust fitter said he nearly gave up on day one, yes a 2 day job to repair Waldron's Exhaust mistake, was a fair bit of re-bending required. This included re aligning the tailpipes.
Old January 14th, 2014, 07:21 PM

I also had a misadventure with Waldron years ago, nothing was right, sent it all back and lost money. And while we're discussing this, stay away from Kepick Exhaust or Klassiccollection on ebay...the parts were good years ago (thinner now) and nothing fits without a torch and or expander. I've seen complaints on these guys on-line for awhile now.
Old January 14th, 2014, 10:17 PM

That is a bummer that you had a poor experience. I use a local exhaust shop and he's always done great work for a decent price.

I had a poor experience with Auto Loc and Cragar. I would advise you to stay away from those two companies.
Old January 15th, 2014, 09:58 AM

Exhaust can be fun. This was about 4 days of laying on my back, before I got a lift. This is my Turquoise 1967 98. Cutlass guys have it made. Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
moneymarker share7.jpg (267.1 KB, 54 views)
Old January 15th, 2014, 05:50 PM

Do these fools at Waldron Exhaust ever give up?

Message received today

They asked:"What would you have us do"?

Reply:

"What you can do? I’ll suck up the cost of the pipes + postage! After all I did purchase same and they needed to be shipped. How about Waldron Exhaust re-imburs me the $480 it cost me to have the problem rectified"?

Their response:"Now it is too late too know what we may have been able to do. It is unfortunate that you will remain an unhappy camper".

I did not even bother saying I can put the car on a hoist to take photos of re-bends/heating etc, or take photos of the pieces that could not be used at all, put up under the car it can be seen no way will it fit anywhere. BUT that's their narrow-mindedness and an easy out for them so be it.

Got to laugh, "unhappy camper" hardly give a rats.

Old January 15th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Registered Luser

Ridiculous! I would send them an e mail back with the link to this thread! I'm sure it isn't done growing.....
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:34 PM

They know I am here,
and from their emails they must have a pretty great business going for not caring about customer service. There must be many, many, many sales with only the odd 'unhappy camper'.

Actually, did a bit more research this am, pony and chev owners have the same gripe.
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:03 PM

I suggest you write a Better Business Bureau complaint as well. I wrote a complaint on a roofer that did a poor job roofing my house.
Old January 15th, 2014, 11:46 PM

Opinions if the B.B.B are any good? Does it do anything?
Happy to wright an email/letter no dramas.
We have the Dept of Fair Trading here, when they get enough complaints, they say they do something.

How did it go with the roofer?
Old January 16th, 2014, 02:29 AM

mate that is b/s , and they figure they can get away with it because you are in oz , i have had the same thing happen with gettin parts for my yank cars to oz...gives you a real crap taste in ya mouth!
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:24 AM

My 1st experience with them was for my 59 Olds 98 so I guess they for sure have a problem with that system. When they blew me off as an idiot and told me I was wrong about the tailpipe bend on my 66 I wrote them off as idiots. They did not want to hear anything I had to say and just dismissed me....

Last edited by Oldsmaniac; January 16th, 2014 at 05:25 AM. Reason: spelling
Old January 16th, 2014, 08:45 AM

They are the only place that offers a system for the 62-63 Jetfire. The muffler is not made by anyone else. My system worked out ok and they were very helpful. Sounds like I got lucky. Not sure what I will do for my W-30.
Old January 17th, 2014, 02:17 AM

DownUnder, I was able to make the roofer fix the shoddy work he did on my roof. He actually had to hire someone else to fix and warranty my roof. Plus, he had to hire painters to repair my living room where the ceiling and wall were damaged by water leaking through his roof.

Once I wrote the BBB complaint he asked me to withdrawl it since he was a "small business." I refused because I had to jump through so many hoops of fire to get him to make my roof right. I was close to pressing charges. It was about $12k worth of work I got done.

FWIW, if you or a friend are ever home owners in Oklahoma stay away from Doc Roofing. They are jokers!
Old January 17th, 2014, 03:04 AM

Thanks I'll keep that one in mind.
Old January 21st, 2014, 06:31 PM

Just thought I'd add that I bought the exhaust and cross-over pipes and muffler (already had the resonator) for my '84 98 from Advance Auto (Walker parts) and the stuff looks pretty good. On-line coupon for $40 off plus free shipping, arrived in 1 day, cost $99. I've had good luck with Walker parts in the past. FWIW.
Old January 21st, 2014, 07:00 PM
GM Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that they did not do right by you. I don't have any experience with them but after seeing this thread, I will not even give them a try. So thanks for letting us know.

Most exhaust systems I have needed, I bought from Walker with excellent fit. For obsolete systems, I have heard good things about Gardener Exhaust here in NY. They advertise in Hemmings. Anyone with direct experience about them please chime in.