Crazy customized 82 Olds!

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2016, 07:18 AM

Crazy customized 82 Olds!

I don't know how many of you are into customized cars, especially newer ones, but I built this one, a long time ago, and just ran across a bunch of pics of it. It started as an 82 Olds, that I did for a guy who I've known for a very long time. He couldn't afford an old car to do, so he put his ideas into his daily driver. If you'd like to see how I did it, I just posted in the "Projects" area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
shop 014.jpg (1.65 MB, 68 views)
Old September 23rd, 2020, 01:41 PM
72 Olds CS

i ran out of gas a couple years ago on a secondary highway (45mph). i had the hood up w the car pulled off on the shoulder out of the way. 5 or 6 people slowed or stopped or at least checked in if i needed a phone or was all set. My wife was on the way w gas so it was no issue.
several offered a quick i/my brother/my dad/ect had one back in the day.....
Old September 23rd, 2020, 06:14 PM

We get lots of positive reactions with both of our Oldsmobiles, one being a 1966 Ninety-Eight LS, the other being a 1972 Vista Cruiser. Folks always have stories about similar vehicles they remember in their lives years ago. The conversations can happen anywhere, from fuel stops, cruises and shows, rest stops along the way during trips, etc. Interesting notes: We get the question at times, even though there is no indication of this on the wagon, "Does the car have the Four-Forty-Two in it? Sigh, at least they have an inkling of what an Oldsmobile is and some history. The Ninety-Eight gets the "How many bodies can you get in the trunk?" in a friendly context. We always say six can fit! An interesting note: We have a nice escarpment area not too far from us, and I enjoy keeping up with some small cars with young drivers thinking they are the be all and end all of great handling cars and good driving. Now, our Vista cruiser has some pretty neat mods to suspension and we are able to keep up with these agile cars on the twisting turning roads. If and when we see them at a stop light the drivers will ask us time and time again " What kind of car is this, so big and it kept up with me!" Never a dull moment driving a classic Oldsmobile!

Old September 23rd, 2020, 06:26 PM
72 Olds CS

huh thats weird both my and vistabrats replies to What's the public's reaction to your Olds? ended up here ?...aparently in 2016 ?

Last edited by RetroRanger; September 23rd, 2020 at 06:29 PM.