The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1969 Cutlass Replacement Gauge

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2015, 03:42 PM

1969 Cutlass Replacement Gauge

I have searched both here and on Google, but have not found an answer. I am planning on replacing the gauges in my Cutlass/HO Clone. It already has the rally pack, but everything is not quite the way I want it. I am planning on replacing all of them, but do not know what size gauges to purchase. I think the 3 3/8" are correct, but want to see if anyone has ordered any and if that is the right size.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM

Pics aren't that great, sorry...

Speed Hut 3 /38" GPS speedometer and Quad gauge. I still have a blank in the 3rd hole but will put a tach in there some day. I used clock blanks and cut the back out to allow the gauge to slide through and then tightened the nut up against the back of the blank, assembled that to the bezel and then reinstalled the bezel. They fit like they were made for the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
dash pic 1 - Copy.jpg (29.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg
dashpic2 - Copy.jpg (26.0 KB, 73 views)
Old August 10th, 2015, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by 1968_Post

Speed Hut 3 /38" GPS speedometer and Quad gauge. I still have a blank in the 3rd hole but will put a tach in there some day. I used clock blanks and cut the back out to allow the gauge to slide through and then tightened the nut up against the back of the blank, assembled that to the bezel and then reinstalled the bezel. They fit like they were made for the car.
Thanks for the confirmation on the size. I think I am going with a lighter colored face as I have trouble seeing the needle in the daytime. How do you like the GPS speedo? I am strongly thinking about going with one.
Old August 10th, 2015, 05:14 PM

Check their website, as they offer different faces, colors and a variety of fonts to fit your taste. As far as how I like the speedo, we'll have to wait until the car is back together before I know. The 400 trans I used was out of a late 60's full-sized Olds with the speedo drive in the front wheel, so the GPS was my best option.
Old August 10th, 2015, 05:16 PM

Check their website, as they offer different faces, colors and a variety of fonts to fit your taste. As far as how I like the speedo, we'll have to wait until the car is back together before I know. The 400 trans I used was out of a late 60's full-sized Olds with the speedo drive in the front wheel, so the GPS was my best option.
I am already configuring my gauges right now. Thanks for the lead.
Old October 8th, 2018, 06:12 AM

Your gauges look good, How did you mount them? I am replacing my orig gauges with Autometer Quad Gauges, I am wondering how did you get them to mount in the holes?