The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hinges

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2015, 10:15 AM

Hinges

I am new to the forum so please be easy on me. I may be needing door hinges for my 69 Delta 88 convertible and am having no luck locating them. Will any other "B" body fit? Thanks.
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:24 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by crowbarr1
I am new to the forum so please be easy on me. I may be needing door hinges for my 69 Delta 88 convertible and am having no luck locating them. Will any other "B" body fit? Thanks.
Other B-body hinges of the same year range should work, but what's wrong with yours? Typically it's pretty easy (and MUCH less expensive) to replace the bushings and pins. If the bushings are so far worn that the pins have started to egg-out the holes in the hinge brackets themselves, then you'll need replacement, but otherwise you can usually just get away with a bushing and pin kit.
Old April 10th, 2015, 12:46 PM

Hinges

Joe,Thanks for the info. I hate to say it but I don't know what happened. Long story short, the car got caught in the middle of a divorce between my daughter and her ex-husband. They owned a auto repair shop and the car was stored there. When I got it back there was alot wrong and no one knew anything. I was told to be prepared in case it does need hinges by two body shops so I figured I better start. I do have the pins and bushings. Thanks again.