The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

New to the site, not the machine.

Search this Thread

Old December 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM

Talking New to the site, not the machine.

Well i finally thought the other day that maybe there was a classic oldsmobile forum...I was right!!. aqs soon as I saw it I signed up. now a little about me and olds.
my first car and oldsmobile was a 96 cutlass supreme 3.4 DOHC. I bought it from my dad at 12 years old and dumped what ever money I was making into it. I kept that car a little under a year.
My second and favorite old was my1973 oldsmoblie 98 regency with "leather" and the 455 rocket. I had actually traded my dad the 96 for the 73. My dad bought it from an older woman for 100 bucks, he got it running with a match stick and a nail file. Im sure you all know what that was for. I kept the car until 2006, I had to sell it because I had no time to fix it the stupid nylon wore off of the cam sprocket and I would not stay in time.
Countless cars later I had come across a 1976 fiat spyder that I traded for my last oldsmobile. It was a 1976 98 regency Tiffany & Co. It had the solid black interior with the pillow top seats and had some really nice exclusive Tiffany embroidery on the seats. that car didnt last though. the previous owner had it sitting for about 5 years, sooo the seals in the fuel pump went bad, filld the crank case with gas and locked it up. I havent had an oldsmobile since 2008, but I am at a point were im working a fantastic job and Im am looking for another 73 98 regency. I know there is one posted on the forums in NC but thats to far away. If anybody has any leads in the eastern TN area please let me know.
Old December 26th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Old School Olds

Welcome to CO.
Keep checking Craigs list.
And there's always evil-bay.
Someone will chime in. Did you look
here under the used cars?
You can always start a thread in the
cars wanted section.
Old December 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Have you looked at this? Second EDIT: Ok I guess you have... sorry about that.
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...olds-98-a.html
the car is located in North Wilkesboro, NC. She is asking $1000. For questions, please contact her at email bktvpgh@aol.com.
EDIT: Excuse my manners... Welcome to the site!