The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi from a newbie in the UK

Old November 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM

Hi from a newbie in the UK

Hi, let me introduce myself............... my name is Paul (eddieslapper will do!) I live just outside the city of Bath in the UK.

I thought I ought to join the forum as I am quite passionate (read obsessed) with 57 Olds. This is the first Forum of any kind I have joined so I hope this works......gonna try & upload a pic but??????

I have a 57 Super 88 2 door Holiday in Ice Green which I imported from the US around 9 years ago. I restored it over a few years & it is my pride & joy!!!

I am currently restoring a really knackered 57 Convertable.

Alas, for my sins I also recently aquired a 57 Holiday wagon which I have put in storage awaiting restoration, ........... if and when the convertable is finished & if and when I have found some more money from somewhere!!!!

I have just sold my 57 4door super 88 Holiday to help fund the restoration on the convertable. A very sad day!!!!

My first Olds was a 57 88, that I owned for around 7 years & sold it (an even sadder day!!!!) around 3 or 4 years ago to a fellow forum member here in the UK, DRUCEVAIN..........he has become a very good friend, more than a little crazy, but a great bloke!!!!!!!

Hope to hear from some of you fellow 57 guys out there.
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Welcome to CO

Glad to have you aboard. I am beginning to believe you Brits are snapping up all of the 57's. Please leave a few for us poor Yanks

Get those pictures posted please
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome to C.O. Paul.

What would be really a coincidence is if you were 57 years old....

Nice story about the cars. I'm a fan of the Fiesta styling. From a distance it looks very much like a 2 door wagon...
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM

Many thanks for the welcome!! I think there is only around possibly 10 in the UK....... I should never have bought the Fiesta, but I've wanted one for sooooo long Sometimes these things have to be done!

I must be thick but please can you tell me how to upload a pic up to go under my name under my name?
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks for the welcome.............Love the look of the Fiestas too........ Unfortunately I am 3 years age adrift from the magic 57.....the WRONG way
Old November 16th, 2012, 04:50 PM

Damn..................make that 4 years!!!!!
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Welcome to CO!
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:27 PM

Welcome to CO.

I was in Bath in 2005. I was also in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick, and a few other touristy towns on the English Country-side. Of course, I was also in London.

I remember passing thru towns like, Bristol, Kensington, Warminster becasue they are also towns outside Philadelphia
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:38 AM

Thanks Darrell & Redog for the welcome!
Redog Hope you enjoyed Bath back in 2005........in fact I was in Vegas for 2 weeks that year as my son decided to get married there!!. BUT I couldn't wait to get back home as after weeks of final prep my 57 2 door holiday was being painted whilst we were away and I couldn't wait to see it!!!!