The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hello All, New the site!

Search this Thread

Old July 9th, 2011, 07:35 AM

Hello All, New the site!

I am a new member to the site from Virginia and a novice car guy. I currently have a 1972 Cutlass Supreme that has been a project for me and my son for the past 5 years and is getting to the point where I am needing to part ways with it.
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by cabnetman
I am needing to part ways with it.
Why? How about giving it/leaving it/selling it to your son? You don't say his age. If he's 10 years old, OK, you probably can't leave it to him. But if he's 25?

If you're looking to sell it, you should post in the cars for sale section with lots of photos.
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Thanks for the thoughts

But he is getting ready to turn 18 and going to join the Service (Very Proud of Him) and need to sell. I'd rather not part it out but could be an option. And yes I did post it there already.

Thanks!
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:57 AM

And yes I did post it there already.
I can't find it. A search for messages posted with your username turns up only this thread.
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:05 AM

Never mind, I found it. But you have it posted in the "cars wanted" section under someone else's thread.

You need to post in the "cars for sale" section and by starting your own thread, if you want to attract attention, and you really should post a couple of photos. They'll do more to generate interest than any number of promises to send some if someone asks.

You don't need to post many. I always thought a minimum of three, including one each of the car as a whole (a three-quarter shot, as they call it, taken from off the left front of the car and showing the front end, hood, roof, and entire driver's side), a decent shot of the engine compartment, and a good shot of the interior meaning perhaps a shot with the driver's door open that takes in the dash and front seat.

If anyone's appetiteis going to be whetted by this car, those should do it.

Last edited by jaunty75; July 9th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM

WELCOME to CO and good luck w/ your sale Cabnetman!
I am a new member to the site from Virginia and a novice car guy. I currently have a 1972 Cutlass Supreme that has been a project for me and my son for the past 5 years and is getting to the point where I am needing to part ways with it.
Old July 9th, 2011, 08:24 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Welcome aboard. I'm sure someone will pick it up from you. You should be very proud of him and we are thankful for his future service. Has he expressed any interest in the car? I know of a lot of guys that went in the service and sold their prized cars only to regret it in the long run. Working on this project together is something really special to him I am sure of, I know I cherished the projects my Dad and I shared when he was here with us.
Old July 9th, 2011, 02:41 PM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

I thank you for your son's service. I dunno what to tell ya about the car. But good luck with your decisions.
Old July 10th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO and good luck in your efforts, hope the car finds a good home with someone here.