The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

newbie named bob

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2009, 09:29 PM

newbie named bob

hi ... bob lynch here ... first time here ... just getting my 69 442 convertable running ... resto-mod ... found this site while looking for info on 442 exhaust tips the other night ... I am in south orange county, CA

nice to have a site to hang out at and get real answers on treal Olds stuff
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM

Welcome Bob. As soon as you get 5 posts you can post some pictures of your baby. We love pictures.
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:28 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

I jes L-O-V-E 69
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:48 AM
olds..older..oldest

Welcome to the best Olds site! Some of these Oldstimers will forget more about these cars than I will ever know,but they answer my questions in a gracious,helpful manner. Get in your 5 posts and lets see pics of your ride. 69's forever!!! Derek...69 442 post cpe.
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:04 AM

new at the site & new at this type of communication ... thanks to all for responding to my post ... I drove my Olds home last night after newrly 3 years of having it mostly apart ... lots of work left but it sure feels good to at least get it moving again ... have a great day ... I need to find some 2 1/2" trumpet exhaust tips in the LA/Orange Cnty area, or else, mail order some ... Bob
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO Bob, hope you can find your exhaust tips, you just might find them here. Enjoy you stay.
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:53 AM

thanks for the ping ... spent some time driving the Olds yesterday ... what a rush ... after nearly 3 years of working on it, from time to time, it really seems like a reality now ... I had the pipes extended out to the bumper ... will cut back and add tips once I locate some ... OPGI said they will have some in mid-June ... Bob
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Bob,

Congrats on getting your car on the road. Its a great feeling when you have had it down for a while. Now you can enjoy working on it and have the reward of driving it as well. Post some pictures soon Jamsbo needs his 69 fix its like a drug to him.
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:06 AM

thanks
Old June 16th, 2009, 07:16 AM

"Hi, Bob!" OK, everybody drink now. (Those who never played the Bob Newhart drinking game in college are now scratching their heads.)

Newbie myself. This looks like a very useful site.
Old June 16th, 2009, 09:43 PM

thanks Michael ... welcome to the site ... I am still on probation, yet to see how useful ... since I have not done much with cars for many years, I need to be reminded about a lot of things ... I am just getting my 69 442 convertible back on the road after 2+ years of off & on work ... now I think I have the distributer in one tooth off as it wants to detonate too much ... also need to complete the interior, glass, and a bunch of cosmetics and other adjustments ... it's all in fun ... there are a lot of cruise nights in our area so I hope to mingle a little as well ... nice to meet u Michael, BL