The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

1966 4Door Cutlass Suprrme Hard Top

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2019, 07:23 AM

In order to get a registration in NC I will have to get a NC title. That Georgia title is just what it states “A Georgia title”. I’m just trying to do what the law states, and it states that I have to have a title of ownership for transfer. I would love to see that vehicle of yours in person some time.
Old March 20th, 2019, 07:37 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by MuchNeededAdvice
In order to get a registration in NC I will have to get a NC title. That Georgia title is just what it states “A Georgia title”. I’m just trying to do what the law states, and it states that I have to have a title of ownership for transfer. I would love to see that vehicle of yours in person some time.
Correct. I am assuming the current title in your possession demonstrates the name of the previous owner on the title and the previous owner has signed off on the back of the title transferring ownership of the vehicle to your name.
Old March 20th, 2019, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Correct. I am assuming the current title in your possession demonstrates the name of the previous owner on the title and the previous owner has signed off on the back of the title transferring ownership of the vehicle to your name.
yes he filled in the blanks that are needed to transfer. I find it very interesting that only 13,000 miles have been put on the car since 1986... unless of course the odometer isn’t working. Thanks for the information once again.
Old March 20th, 2019, 02:49 PM
O'smobile

A very clean, straight original car. Reminds me of my green 4 door when I got it there were under 45k miles on it from the original owner. Nice color and other options, a great find. The pic's are great. Looking forward to your next post about this historic acquisition.
Old March 20th, 2019, 03:06 PM

Nice car looks very complete and original. Have fun.
Old March 20th, 2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Orlando 1
A very clean, straight original car. Reminds me of my green 4 door when I got it there were under 45k miles on it from the original owner. Nice color and other options, a great find. The pic's are great. Looking forward to your next post about this historic acquisition.
Thanks😁 There is actually a little damage on the right rear quarter and the front bumper has a little damage also. I think I can straighten the bumper if I take it off and use patients while working on it. The right rear side had someone with little experience try to do body work on it, which makes it look a lot worse than it is.i will keep it the way it is for now until I drive the Cutlass a little bit. I have that itch to get it back operational before I decide my next order of actions. I am a poor man so it will take time.i will keep posting as I progress. 👍
Old March 20th, 2019, 03:16 PM

Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:03 PM

Headers

i found a CL posting close by that has flowtech heads for a small block. What are some opinions on these over stock manifolds?[img]blob:https://classicoldsmobile.com/ecd5af68-9f71-4f3f-9924-f1453a92577a

Last edited by MuchNeededAdvice; March 23rd, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Those headers may not work for your car. Not due to the engine but the frame. The frame is narrower on the 64-67 cars vs the 68 and up.
Old March 23rd, 2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
Those headers may not work for your car. Not due to the engine but the frame. The frame is narrower on the 64-67 cars vs the 68 and up.
thanks I didn’t know but the price was amazingly cheap
Old March 23rd, 2019, 05:46 PM

So these are a little more close to original size. Do they look more suited to my situation?
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:29 PM

My master cylinder has shipped... I’m ready to put this car in gear. I ordered an Oldsmobile service manual... it’ll be another week before i get that. Now I need a voltage regulator and a water pump. The muffler needs replacing. The front flange towards the motor has met its demise. Maybe a straight pipe will be good until I get this boat moving. I’ll just add another length of pipe to clear the back bumper for now. Glad I am finally getting the ball rolling here. Weather is too nice here.
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Old April 11th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Running On Empty

Pretty darn nice here in Beaufort, too.
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:49 PM

Pretty darn nice here in Beaufort, too.
suppose to rail this weekend. I keep a big tarp over my car for the time being. My master cylinder is coming I think Monday. So by the following Saturday I can get my breaks working and finally switch from park to drive and see what I got.
Old April 11th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Running On Empty

I hope you ordered a paperback copy of the CSM. Much easier to follow than a CD.
Old April 11th, 2019, 02:28 PM

I hope you ordered a paperback copy of the CSM. Much easier to follow than a CD.
yes it is a book
Old April 11th, 2019, 02:30 PM

1966 manual... Still on the plastic wrap
Old April 12th, 2019, 03:26 PM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this car.....
Old April 12th, 2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by btw
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this car.....
Hopefully I will have it drive able soon...I have started it up and run it to operating temperature at least twice a week since I brought it home. The water pump leaks bad, and the voltage regulator stays engaged after you shut the motor off, until you disconnect the battery. I want to get the right parts to replace the bad, but I am Taking things one step at a time. When I get the MS and get the breaks working, at least I can put the car in drive, and see where the next step will be. I have all the head lamps, turn signals, break lights working. I need to work on the heater fan control, as it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it runs by itself, and other times it won’t cut on. The slide controls (heat-cool and defrost or vent/ floor) are stuck. I have to go into that further but I am waiting on the book I ordered to see a diagram or a little instruction to get in and lube that area... I will try to post a little as I go, and thanks for keeping interested. 😁
Old April 12th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Running On Empty

Hopefully I will have it drive able soon...I have started it up and run it to operating temperature at least twice a week since I brought it home. The water pump leaks bad, and the voltage regulator stays engaged after you shut the motor off, until you disconnect the battery. I want to get the right parts to replace the bad, but I am Taking things one step at a time. When I get the MS and get the breaks working, at least I can put the car in drive, and see where the next step will be. I have all the head lamps, turn signals, break lights working. I need to work on the heater fan control, as it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it runs by itself, and other times it won’t cut on. The slide controls (heat-cool and defrost or vent/ floor) are stuck. I have to go into that further but I am waiting on the book I ordered to see a diagram or a little instruction to get in and lube that area... I will try to post a little as I go, and thanks for keeping interested. 😁
Brakes Mate - they're your brakes. <breaks>
Old April 12th, 2019, 06:57 PM

Brakes Mate - they're your brakes. <breaks>
Exactly... brakes... I am on a cell phone, and it picks the word it wants to use... Spell check is always putting stuff that don’t belong.
Old April 12th, 2019, 07:18 PM

Traffic must be slow here, having to get corrected on a word like (brakes). With all the slang terms the generation coming up uses, (abbreviations-Ebonics- made up words). I could be speaking with dialect like some of my kids friends, but I choose to have a little more cooth than that. But thanks for being so literate. That would make some of my past teachers proud.
Old April 12th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Running On Empty

Traffic must be slow here, having to get corrected on a word like (brakes). With all the slang terms the generation coming up uses, (abbreviations-Ebonics- made up words). I could be speaking with dialect like some of my kids friends, but I choose to have a little more cooth than that. But thanks for being so literate. That would make some of my past teachers proud.
We're here to advise and assist you. They're spelled brakes. If you're uncomfortable with our knowledge & assistance, feel free to grab a cookie on the way out the door.
Old April 12th, 2019, 09:37 PM

We're here to advise and assist you. They're spelled brakes. If you're uncomfortable with our knowledge & assistance, feel free to grab a cookie on the way out the door.
wow...Thanks...So I failed my spelling test. I’ll take your criticism, and I’ll be sure to send all my other posts, before the proofreading committee, before I hit send. And by the way, I am eating triple fudge cookies already.
Old August 18th, 2020, 10:26 AM
SFM

Smile Enjoy!

Late to comment, but enjoy it! As mentioned, not too many around anymore.......

Last edited by SFM; August 18th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.