The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hello from Buffalo, NY

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2018, 07:15 AM

Hello from Buffalo, NY

Hello everyone! I have a 1968 442 that I've owned for over 15 years now. The only reason why I have this car is because my wife gave me the green light to purchase it about 5 weeks before we were married in '04. The car was delivered 2 weeks before our wedding. I described the car to her as a running driver that would require minimal $$$ to upkeep. Well, that was partially true. Throughout the years I've spent allot of time and $$$ upgrading, rebuilding and replacing most of the mechanical systems, trim, interior items, wheels, tires etc. This is not a numbers matching car but I've tried to keep it looking as close to stock as I can. She's a cruiser that my family and myself enjoy weekend cruises in during warm weather months!

I've browsed this site many times over the years for information and knowledge with limited access as I was not a member. I figured it was high time I signed up! Thank You for letting me join

! Below are a few pics of my '68 442.
Old October 29th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Pat

Muggard,

Very nice looking car! Engine compartment looks amazing!
Old October 29th, 2018, 09:08 AM

Beautiful Muggard, very nice!
Old October 29th, 2018, 09:19 AM

Welcome! Beautiful '68, and stunning color! But, if my eyes are not deceiving me, it appears you are missing an alternator belt!
Old October 29th, 2018, 09:39 AM

Thank you! Keen eye on the missing alternate belt. That engine compartment photo was taken a few years back after I installed the rebuilt engine. I didn't have the belts installed at that point
Old October 29th, 2018, 09:40 AM

Very nice! I'm a 68 owner as well. I live a couple hours East of you
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Randy C.

Welcome to this site from yet another '68 owner. Very nice car you have and, yes indeed, the color is stunning!

Randy C.
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:08 AM

Old October 29th, 2018, 10:19 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Welcome to the brotherhood of 68s. Dig that color. I also dwell in the land of taxes about 50 mins east of Nickel city. Heres a shot of Allyolds and I at a cruise. Have to bring yours east and sandwich it in between for a pic.

Having technical difficulties uploading and managing pics from work. This new procedure sux! I cant manage the uploads/delete. According to my phone Mike beat me to it. Nicely done Mike!

Last edited by droldsmorland; October 29th, 2018 at 10:25 AM.
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:46 AM

I can't take credit for the color but I do get allot of complements not to mention questions if it's original or not The previous owner painted the car in '92. All I know is it's a GM color from either '91 or '92. Original color was Jade Gold. The body is by no means perfect, but the paint shows well! Love the '68 442's mainly because you don't see many around!

allyolds68, I was checking out your restoration. It appears there were a few hiccups along the way however, it turned out very nice none the less!

Nice to know there are few '68 olds owners not that far from me!
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Muggard
Hello everyone! I have a 1968 442 that I've owned for over 15 years now. The only reason why I have this car is because my wife gave me the green light to purchase it about 5 weeks before we were married in '04. The car was delivered 2 weeks before our wedding. I described the car to her as a running driver that would require minimal $$$ to upkeep. Well, that was partially true. Throughout the years I've spent allot of time and $$$ upgrading, rebuilding and replacing most of the mechanical systems, trim, interior items, wheels, tires etc. This is not a numbers matching car but I've tried to keep it looking as close to stock as I can. She's a cruiser that my family and myself enjoy weekend cruises in during warm weather months!

I've browsed this site many times over the years for information and knowledge with limited access as I was not a member. I figured it was high time I signed up! Thank You for letting me join

! Below are a few pics of my '68 442.
Welcome! That's a sweet looking '68, and I'm sure we all have a story about our wives and our toys..I know I do!
BTW, you're about 2 hours (give or take) north of where I grew up. Small town not far from Bradford, PA called Smetnport.

Cheers!
Dave😀