The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Guess what .... another newbie here

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2009, 09:09 AM

Guess what .... another newbie here

First off would like to thank you guys for having me. My vehicle is a 1985 olds cutlass. The mods are a 2001 corvette fuel injected ls1 Lunati cam with .544 lift intake and exhaust side , Zo6 heads and intake, 2002 dual piston front calipers with 13 inch front rotors, air ride on all four corners, tubular a arms top and bottom, 36 mm front sway bar and and fast ratio steering box from 92 Iroc Camaro, hydro boost from Grand national with master cylinder and rear disc brakes and 11 inch rotors from 1998 Firebird front center console and shifter also from same vehicle , front leather seats 6 way power and heated, rear seats from 1998 Monte Carlo and seat belts, 4l60e from same corvette as engine built up by a transmission guy 8.5 inch posi from a 1987 Grand National, frame and rear end will be por-15'ed and I'm thinking wheels from a corvette . I also have thick rear sway bar from camaro I will be trying to work out and see if it will work on my g body. I will also be shopping for tubular control arms for the rear sometime in the future. Well just wanting to introduce myself and tell everyone about my project. Hope to get some pictures up one day and also hope to learn. Oh and before I forget haven't look over the site yet but gearheads78 what you did with your calipers was a great idea I sure do hope you don't mind if I do the same to mine, Just wondering what did it cost and can any competent machine shop duplicate that ? Any way thanks again guy's. lol one more thing oldsguy thanks for the quick response this morning
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:14 AM

1 more thing the vehicle is a 2 door with the euro front end and and half vinyl top. I will be working on led tail lights which shouldn't be too difficult to fabricate. And the paint will be candy blue
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:54 AM
may the Olds be with you

welcome to the site!
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM

thanks hope to meet a lot of guys and share a lot of info
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:44 PM

newbee status

I'm working on my 5 replys, Your car sounds intense, you need to get a picture of it posted. when i get my interior done i will post pic. mike
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:16 PM

Exclamation

Lol.. yea i need to get my 5 in also i hope to sit down this weekend and get some pics up. Its a work in process right now
Old May 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM

welcome
If all the work was done on it it would be time to buy another one
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Wink

welcome
If all the work was done on it it would be time to buy another one

you know... lol you have a point there thats exactly how it is. Wife doesn't think so but hey you know how that goes
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:09 AM
car guy

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a sweet car in progress. Just as a fair warning put your flame suit on. Not me but most on here would rather you have pistol whipped their little sister than put a non Olds motor in an Olds. If they end up running you off Maliburacing.com is a great g-body site.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:38 PM

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have a sweet car in progress. Just as a fair warning put your flame suit on. Not me but most on here would rather you have pistol whipped their little sister than put a non Olds motor in an Olds. If they end up running you off Maliburacing.com is a great g-body site.

Yea I know but that lil 3.8l just wasn't cutting it and I really wanted fuel injection. I have done a few carbureted engines (1 actually being an olds 403) but I wanted something different and something that would actually get peoples attention when I showed what was under the hood. Olds didn't have anything v-8 fuel injected really worth fooling with and since I knew I would incorporate many different parts from many different G.M. vehicles I just decided to take the ls engine series plunge. Hopefully I'll get just a little interest from others but even if I don't I can enjoy some of you guys rides
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:12 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by nothingbutagthng

Yea I know but that lil 3.8l just wasn't cutting it and I really wanted fuel injection. I have done a few carbureted engines (1 actually being an olds 403) but I wanted something different and something that would actually get peoples attention when I showed what was under the hood. Olds didn't have anything v-8 fuel injected really worth fooling with and since I knew I would incorporate many different parts from many different G.M. vehicles I just decided to take the ls engine series plunge. Hopefully I'll get just a little interest from others but even if I don't I can enjoy some of you guys rides
Don't have to defend it to me. I dig it and looking forward to pics. Just letting you know I have witnessed some people really bent out of shape over it and then the dog pile starts.

Personally I am for any RWD hot rod with any power as long as its built well.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:24 PM

Personally I am for any RWD hot rod with any power as long as its built well.

same here...
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Welcome to the site. Get those pictures posted so we can see that conversion sounds interesting.
Old May 20th, 2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Welcome to the site. Get those pictures posted so we can see that conversion sounds interesting.

Thank you and I hope to get some up this weekend