The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hi All!

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Hi All!

I've been a fan of Oldsmobile Cutlass' since the 70s. During my 70s high school days, I had some buddies who had them (one was a '71 Cutlass, another had a '72 Cutlass Supreme and a third friend had a '69 442 convertible) and I fell in love with all of the cars. I had a '72 Cutlass Supreme convertible about 10 years ago but, sadly, I let it get away. I've started researching the market again and I'm looking to fill my empty garage bay with a '70, '71 or '72 in the near future. I'm learning a lot that I didn't know by reading the forum. Thanks for the insights!
Old September 11th, 2018, 01:54 PM

Welcome aboard
Old September 11th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome. Are you looking at CL or other websites? One of our members maintains a site that deals specifically with Oldsmobile for sale Check out Oldsmobile Central.com You might find something you'd like.
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Welcome. Where in Arizona are you? The local Olds Club may be able to help you locate a car - sometimes folks sell one in order to get a different one.

If you're in the Phoenix area, head over to The Scottsdale Pavilions on the 4th Saturday of any month at 5pm and there will be a buncha Oldsmobiles in the last row for the monthly Club meeting, along with a couple hundred other cars.
https://azoldsclub.com/
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Olds Fever

Welcome to the group... Good luck in your search... Some member here may even have what you are searching for...
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:48 AM

You Guys are Great!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I wish that I had found this site several months ago when I started on my quest for another Cutlass (I could've avoided a lot of internet scammers and I wouldn't have logged so many air and road miles chasing cars that weren't what they were represented to be). Then again, if I had found the site sooner, I might never have had the "opportunity" to come across so many people like the "dentist" who's currently living in Italy who had a pristine '72 442 for sale here in the States at a bargain price which could have been mine if only I'd wired the funds to his designated "escrow agent." ;-)

I'm looking forward to attending the Olds Club meeting in Phoenix later this month. It sounds like an adrenaline boost just waiting to happen when I see all of the cars lined up in a row!