The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Car transport companies

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:15 AM

Car transport companies

What do you all recommend for transporting a purchased car out of state. I think Roadrunner is well known and also the most expensive. Thanks. —Billy
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:13 AM

You'll get a million suggestions.

I used these people to have my non-running '78 Toronado shipped from Georgia to New Mexico in February of last year. Excellent experience. Signed contract on a Friday, they picked up the car the following Sunday, and it was delivered to my home the following Thursday, so less than a week from beginning to end. The driver was excellent. It was an open carrier, and he told me took care to put the car in the location on the truck where it would see the least chance of getting hit by a stone thrown up from the highway.

They're based in upstate New York, but they work nationwide, as my experience demonstrates.

http://www.dependableautotransport.com/
Old August 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM

I just used http://orangeautotransport.com/ to transport my 61 from Tucson, AZ to Torrance, CA. Orange auto transport is based locally to me and speaking with them over the phone, I felt confident in their service especially since they were local and were familiar with my area. I received about 5 quotes total and talked to 3 companies over the phone. One company seemed decent but a little pushy and the other seemed like they could care less and would rather deal with internet orders instead of talking in person.
Keep in mind most of these companies are brokers so they will assign the shipment to various other shipping companies/private drivers. My car was assigned to Unlimited Car Carriers Inc. Sorry I don't have their number off hand.

I opted for covered transport. My cost was $650. $200 deposit that basically goes to the broker (Orange in this case) and the balance going to the driver. My car was picked up in Tucson in the morning and dropped off at my house the same evening! I had originally scheduled the delivery for the next day but when they called me and asked if that evening would be possible I couldn't refuse same day delivery! The drivers were totally professional. They took numerous pictures at pick up and drop off and emailed the bill of lading with pictures to me. It was definitely a spectacle when this huge semi truck with basically a race car trailer pulled up in front of my house! My car was on the upper level so they had to raise and extend the platform then roll out my car onto it before lowering it. Inside the trailer was a new McLaren so I know my car was in good hands. Good luck with your search.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 09:06 PM

monarchcarshipping.com has been good for me.