New owner of a 67 Olds 442 - ClassicOldsmobile.com


The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself and make your first post.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 12th, 2017, 02:23 AM   #1
Maverick4164
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Adair, IA
Posts: 1
New owner of a 67 Olds 442

Hi everybody! My name is Mark and I live in Adair, IA. I just inherited my dad's 67 Olds 442 and I am looking forward to all of the excellent information on this site to help me finish the restoration.
Maverick4164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 05:06 AM   #2
Moderator
 
oldcutlass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Granbury, Texas
Posts: 27,960
Welcome to the site, post some pictures when you get a chance.
oldcutlass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:04 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Oldsmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick4164 View Post
Hi everybody! My name is Mark and I live in Adair, IA. I just inherited my dad's 67 Olds 442 and I am looking forward to all of the excellent information on this site to help me finish the restoration.
Cool we are happy to help.
Oldsmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Posts: 2
I too have joined the ranks of 67 442 owners as of today. The transporter just dropped the car off. This is my second 67 442. Bought my first one in 1970 (for $1500). It turned out to be one of 502 W-30 cars for 1967. I beat it to death at the race track and ultimately sold it for parts. If only I had known what they would be worth today. I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Technically in the State of Maryland.

Last edited by chrisf0047; September 12th, 2017 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Addition
chrisf0047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 05:10 PM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 566
Don't feel to bad there was a red 67 442 W-30 in Pick Your Parts many years ago but a friend got the red wells and air cleaner and yes he still has it. and does have a number on it. I have seen too many rare Olds in yards.
Gerald Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 05:36 PM   #6
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,288
Mark, welcome to the group... You came to the right place to acquire some Oldsmobile history and most likely obtain answers to any questions you may have about your 67...
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 05:40 PM   #7
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf0047 View Post
I too have joined the ranks of 67 442 owners as of today. The transporter just dropped the car off. This is my second 67 442. Bought my first one in 1970 (for $1500). It turned out to be one of 502 W-30 cars for 1967. I beat it to death at the race track and ultimately sold it for parts. If only I had known what they would be worth today. I live in the Washington DC metropolitan area. Technically in the State of Maryland.

Welcome to the group also... Just a suggestion however, it may be best to start your own new thread so as to avoid confusion in responses to the original poster...
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 07:53 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Fort Washington, MD
Posts: 2
10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZN 66 View Post
Welcome to the group also... Just a suggestion however, it may be best to start your own new thread so as to avoid confusion in responses to the original poster...
Understood. It is easy to fumble around on a new site until you figure things out. Thanx. I am probably doing something wrong by using this quote reply. Sorry, if I am.
chrisf0047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #9
Olds Fever
 
CRUZN 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York (Upstate)
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf0047 View Post
Understood. It is easy to fumble around on a new site until you figure things out. Thanx. I am probably doing something wrong by using this quote reply. Sorry, if I am.
Worked just fine... You've got the hang of it already...
CRUZN 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 02:51 AM   #10
Premium Sponsor
 
carid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cranbury, New Jersey
Posts: 193
Welcome to the site and congrats on owning a beautiful '67! Please, share some pics of how your car currently looks and also share your ideas and thoughts of what you might want to do with it.
carid is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member. New owner 1970 442 owner blunosr68 The Newbie Forum 27 December 29th, 2016 08:29 PM
'66 Toronado Owner's Manual & Owner Protection Plan Booklet lmetcalf Parts Wanted 0 May 31st, 2012 07:23 PM
New Guy about to be new 442 Owner Skyko The Newbie Forum 3 March 24th, 2012 01:56 PM
new 442 owner,new to this site john k The Newbie Forum 8 October 21st, 2010 01:12 PM
New Olds 442 owner! justjessie 442 1 May 31st, 2007 11:55 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.