The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

Hoping to find a Vista Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2017, 02:57 AM

Hoping to find a Vista Cruiser

Hello everyone. My name is Oliver and I'm from Gig Harbor, Washington. I'm a long time lurker. Originally joined the site while I still owned my 65 F85. Ended up selling the car to a buddy in Connecticut who really wanted a solid west coast car. Anyway, I have been obsessed with finding a 1964 Vista Cruiser the past few months and hoping to join the Oldsmobile world once again. I'm currently about 75% done building my 55 Chevy Short bed truck powered by a Buick Nailhead with Weber Carbs. Looking forward to becoming part of the community.
Old April 13th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Obop
Hello everyone. My name is Oliver and I'm from Gig Harbor, Washington. I'm a long time lurker. Originally joined the site while I still owned my 65 F85. Ended up selling the car to a buddy in Connecticut who really wanted a solid west coast car. Anyway, I have been obsessed with finding a 1964 Vista Cruiser the past few months and hoping to join the Oldsmobile world once again. I'm currently about 75% done building my 55 Chevy Short bed truck powered by a Buick Nailhead with Weber Carbs. Looking forward to becoming part of the community.

Welcome. The early VCs are out there. I bought a 64 VC from Reno, NV a few years ago. This allegedly rust free car had serious rust under the stainless trim around the roof windows, so now I'm patching that in. The rest of the car is fortunately solid. Just take your time and be sure to check the pinchweld areas. As you probably know, the 1964 cars are not well supported by the aftermarket.