The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

It's been a while

Search this Thread

Old April 28th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Thumbs up It's been a while

WOW, it's been so long that I had to actually reregister Just dropping in to see what is new, have a 74 Hurst I'm going to list here for a friend (not as computer savvy )some time today. First going to search around and make sure he has his facts straight and a realistic asking price.

As for me, I'm on the hunt for another 70-72 442 convertible tough to find these days in any decent shape.......

Bill S.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Past Administrator

Welcome to CO Bill, hope you find the convertible you are looking for.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sounds like an interesting car. Please be sure to post pics with the descripitons. Or is it going to be just a link to CL?

If you don't find the vert you're looking for, you can always do the Smokey and the Bandit" chop top that Gleason did! For some reason, the verts seem to have stood the test of time. Even though there weren't as many of them built, it looks like there are more being offered for sale on the web. Good luck with your search.
Old April 28th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Ever since I sold my 70 442 convertible back in 2006 I've regretted it....Only now, with my son almost out of college, can I afford to start searching again. I've looked at just about everything in the tri state area, but all (ALL!!!) have had bad rust issues vs the price the sellers wanted (call it the Barrett Jackson Syndrome )........I'm patient, have a two other convertibles, a 289FIA Cobra by ERA, and a Miata Turbo (stop laughing, it gets 30mpg and the top goes down ) that work for now...No matter how much fun they are, neither is my old 442, just not quite the same .

Bill S.

PS: I was a semi active member of the old forum, can't even say when this new one took over the URL and my original account went AWOL......Did the old owner sell and the new owner start from scratch? Or am I getting old and senile and mistaking this one for another (no, I'm sure I'm not senile just yet, as my old password/cookie file is still in my back up files at home)
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sounds like an interesting car. Please be sure to post pics with the descripitons. Or is it going to be just a link to CL?
No ads pointing to craigslist/ebay/carsonlineforsale/etc for me, I find those posts in bad taste.

Instead, I offer the following link

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-pace-car.html

Bill S.
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Bill,
Just saw the pics and ad you posted. Looks like someone's interested already. BTW it's a really nice looking car. I think we need to have 442much fund me on a road trip to 'inspect, test drive and take pics' of his next major project.....