The Green Mo-sheen Project

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:15 AM
GM Enthusiast

Oskar, just wanted to say what a beautiful car you have. Having done two frame offs in the past, I can really admire your attention to detail.

Keep up the great work!
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM

Greg and Darrell: thanks for the compliments and encouragement! Between my day job and the cold winter weather I let myself get off target, but Saturday was a nice day and I finally got back into the garage and tinkered. I checked all the fluids and started up the engine - ran just fine. Unfortunately the transmission is still spewing fluid from the same spot so it's not moving under it's own power yet. I finalized the wiring I did for the new aftermarket gauges and did some other odds & ends, and now I feel like my Olds mojo is coming back!
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM

Looks like its been a while since anything posted here. I'm in process of installing CAA kit on my Vista Cruiser. Was wondering how you clocked the compressor as well as hose routing from compressor to POA. Also where do you find "Butyl tape"? I live in Wichita.
Old December 15th, 2014, 09:54 AM

Congrats

Very nicely done. Enjoy!
Old December 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM

digging it,

Oskar not sure if you still popon but love the build and the project so far, how bout an update
Old December 17th, 2014, 05:53 PM

Thanks guys! Wow, it has been a long time since I posted here (that mojo didn't last very long). My day job has kept me very busy, and I've only made small steps of progress on random weekends. The transmission got fixed this summer (easy fix), the A/C system got finished this fall and is working great, and I had a nice stereo system installed. All that's really left is the exterior window moldings and the interior. My big work project is winding down, so hopefully I can spend more time on the Cutlass and finish it by next spring.

I'll post some replies to the recent messages ASAP.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Joeolds71
Looks like its been a while since anything posted here. I'm in process of installing CAA kit on my Vista Cruiser. Was wondering how you clocked the compressor as well as hose routing from compressor to POA. Also where do you find "Butyl tape"? I live in Wichita.
Hey Joe, nice to see another Olds guy in Wichita! I just added a post to my other thread on the CAA kit:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post772944

I included some pictures of the hose routing and compressor installation, plus some info on a couple issues I had. The Butyl tape I got from the body shop where I had my car painted. I still have a good amount left and can give some to you; since you're in Wichita that shouldn't be a problem. I'd like to get a look at that Vista Cruiser, it looks good in your avatar!
Old December 17th, 2014, 08:35 PM

Thanks oskar for the update I more than most know how life gets in the way of hobbies glad ur still at it

Last edited by Eddie Hansen; December 18th, 2014 at 04:53 AM.
Old December 17th, 2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie Hansen
Thanks oskar for the update I more than most know how life gets in the United way of hobbies glad ur still at it
Thanks Eddie! Here's the latest picture:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
GM_0311a.jpg (225.0 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by O's_Car; December 20th, 2014 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Picture download error.
Old December 19th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Wow just read this from the start very nice car cant wait to see the finished product
Old December 20th, 2014, 09:08 AM

Thanks! The picture in my previous post didn't download correctly, but it's fixed now.
Old December 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM

wow....

Thanks oskar I thought it was my galaxy note with autocorrect etc notthe best device to use for the forums. Love the car, reminds me of my 69 gto convertible I had years ago, the car was blue but tge same shade value as your green, if tgat makes any sense almost silver but stillblue , it had a navy interior and a navy top I didnt like it at the time but now I think it was a great color combo

I also love your cars stance great job all around...

Old June 1st, 2019, 03:01 PM

Time to Reconnect

Well obviously I've been distracted from participating on this forum for a long time, but I thought I'd reconnect since the OCA National Meet is coming to town later this month. Since my last post (4-1/2 years ago...) I've essentially "finished" the restoration and have taken an occasional cruise around town in it. I've entered it in several local car shows and have managed to win a few awards, so I guess I did a decent job! I'm still working out a few operational kinks here and there, but for the most part I consider it "done". I've not driven it a lot as I've wanted to keep it as clean as possible for car shows, especially when I found out the OCA Nationals would be right here in Wichita. I've got it entered in the show for judging just to see how I stack up in the big leagues. After that, I plan on driving it more frequently and enjoying it. If you're coming to the National Meet at the end of the month look me up!

Here's a recent picture of the Green Machine taken in front of one of Wichita's landmarks, The Keeper of the Plains.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:09 PM

Wow! Excellent job, i love that color.
Old July 1st, 2019, 04:27 PM

Well Oskar, You are one of the "Big Boys" now. Congratulations on your Best of Class win in street stock at the OCA nationals. Looks like you won't be able to drive the car as much as you hoped. Time to win Senior Street Stock class. Next year in Tennessee? After that you can drive it because it will be a senior preservation car, and you only need to score 900 to maintain that. You have a really nice car.
Old July 1st, 2019, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Beautiful and congrats on the recognition it deserves.
Old October 1st, 2021, 04:52 AM
Olds Omega

Originally Posted by O's_Car
The Green Machine is finally back in my garage! Now I just have to put it all back together again and get it running...

It's base/clear. Sikkens was the brand they used.

awesome project!

Originally Posted by O's_Car
And the body shop has all the panels primed. They're color matching the original Aspen Green to their paint system (Sikkens?) - the first test card looked awesome with just a hint of metallic flake.
Oskar I know you haven't been online this year in CO, but maybe you have still the notification active. May I ask you if you still have the Sikkens paint code around, they used in the shop for painting?
My mate will also use Sikkens but unfortunately we here in Austria, Europe do not have an Aspen Green car around to match the color!

This would be highly appreciated, Sir!