1972 cutlass s updates

Old January 19th, 2019, 05:04 PM

1972 cutlass s updates

Its been over 10 years since i rebuilt my cutlass. I have put many miles on it driving it to 4 different states, a few legs on a couple Power Tours and over a dozen road trips with friends. It has been a great car and has never let me down but itís showing its age. I am getting a new engine built currently so its time to detail the engine compartment when the engine comes out. I have a few questions as far as the upgrades i will be doing. I would like to switch to an electric fan to free up a few horsepower. Should i go single fan or duel fans? I will be purchasing new and not using junkyard parts as i want the install as slim as possible. I do not have AC but i was thinking if i had duel fans i would wire one of them to a toggle switch just in case i need it. Also Iím looking for ideas for air cleaner set ups. I currently run a 14x3 open element with the element style top as i have the oai hood but I donít have it sealed to the hood in any way and i would like to take advantage of the cooler air coming through the scoops on the hood.
I am also looking for new shocks, i just have a set of cheap Monroeís on it now and Iím looking for something adjustable. I put Vikings on my trans am but i wont know how they work until this summer when it gets back on the road. The car is used for cruising, drag racing, and going on long road trips so i would like to have some adjustability. Iím sure i will have a lot more questions as i dive into the refresh and various upgrades. I will post current pics up tomorrow after i clean up the shop thanks for looking.
Old February 24th, 2019, 11:37 AM

While the engine is out Iím looking to clean up the firewall some. Specifically Iím looking to get rid of the voltage regulator and the horn relay. I could move the horn relay up by the radiator to keep the horn. I would rather not just cut up the wiring so what is the best way to accomplish this? I am going to be moving the MSD box inside behind the glove box also. Any suggestions are appreciated thank you.