Adding factory options to my 67 CS Convertible

Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:33 PM
Do Damage

Adding factory options to my 67 CS Convertible

Hello Classic Oldsmobile. Over the years I’ve collected factory options. I like all the buttons, switches and gauges that make these cars unique. I also want to add other items that were not offered in the A-body line. So far I have collected:
AM-FM radio
8-track player
Reverb box and dash switch
Power rear antenna w/all wiring and dash switch
Trunk release (vacuum)
Column shifter with tilt and wood wheel
Vacuum gauge in brushed pod
Speaker with grill that mounts in the rear seat
Power front bench seat w/center arm rest
Rally Pak gauges w/speed warning & wiring harness
AC ducts for dash
After market Ram Air system that will mount to scoops under the front bumpe
Hurst Dual Gate shifter ( 3&4 speed) with black center console
Courtesy dash switch
Rear rocket marker lamps
Is there any other options I can add?
I have made the car into a 442 tribute by adding the grill, exterior and interior badges and a fiberglass 442 louvered hood. You can read more about the chassis and engine modifications I’ve done in the Big Block and Newbie forums.
I’ve installed the steering column and radio which was a pretty straight forward swap procedure. Any information or recommendations on installation of the other parts would be greatly appreciated. Atlas redline inserts. Has anybody used these before? Cheap alternative to buying 17” redline tires for these billet SSI rims.
Might ditch the silver dryer hose.
These have a slight curved in the back.
Rear seat 6x9 speaker grill with bracket.
8-track and reverb trunk mount box
Column and radio were a straight swap install. Radio has low volume though.
Hurst Dual Gate for the 200-4r
Second dash with Rally-Pak and speed warning. I have all the wiring and fuse box.
Power antenna bezel with switches. Reverb Switch. Three speed indicator.
Want to mount third switch here to lock-out torque converter. There is only room for two switches from the factory.
Where does the trunk release button mount?
Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:48 PM
Old School Olds

You can go with a power driver seat if you can find the parts. These are from my 66 442. I'm sure 67 is the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4159.JPG (151.9 KB, 8 views)
IMG_4160.JPG (215.3 KB, 8 views)
Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:11 PM
Do Damage

Tru-blue442 thanks for the response and pictures.
So that’s where the trunk button mounts.
I do have a power bench seat with arm rest but the mounts
are way different than what’s in my car.
What would be really cool is the power strato-bench seat
with recline, it would probably be a bear to fit though.
I dig your power bucket seat. Mine also came with buckets but had to put the bench in to fit the kids. It’s a four way switch. The seat mounts are way different than the mounts in my car. It would still make a nice addition though.

Last edited by 67CSConvert455; June 23rd, 2018 at 07:20 PM.
Old June 24th, 2018, 06:23 AM

under-dash courtesy lamps could be purchased as a package from the dealer. I think I still have one such package.
Old June 24th, 2018, 08:51 AM

Reclining passenger seat and head rest are another option, cruise control, power windows, many people added delay wipers but that was aftermarket, right side view mirror was an over the counter and even though the drivers side looks the same it is not and will not work the angle is wrong, reveal moldings if you do not have them. (these must be from a convertible as the pinch weld molding is also involved and on a convertible they are stainless and a hardtop the are aluminum) I also put speakers in the panel that is vertical behind the back seat in mine, I can hear them with the top down and no boot on but can hear them much better with the top up. Remote drivers mirror, factory type floor mats, the black trunk mat that says Oldsmobile on it.

Just some thoughts.

Larry
Old June 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Randy C.

Be careful with your power trunk release set-up. Unless you have the proper connecting piece between the trunk lock and the vacuum cylinder, the power trunk set-up will not work.

I thought all I needed to do was get a long connecting piece for the trunk lock so the spade would extend through the vacuum cylinder but it binds up. There is a special "spade" that works between the two that hardly anyone seems to have. It's the piece pictured below with the key. The other one is very similar except that the spade isn't quite long enough.

Randy C.
Attached Images
0920161226.jpg (1.51 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by rcorrigan5; June 24th, 2018 at 11:29 AM. Reason: make the words match the picture
Old June 26th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Do Damage

Originally Posted by Run to Rund
under-dash courtesy lamps could be purchased as a package from the dealer. I think I still have one such package.
Run to Rund
I thought that was just how interior lights were for Convertibles and not an option. I have the two pods in front under the dash and the two on the side of the rear arm rests. Cool I could check that option off my list. Thanks
Old June 26th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Do Damage

Thanks guys for all the info. I’ll keep posting when work is done to the car. I’m going to add this option when I install mi MSD HEI distributor.

Last edited by 67CSConvert455; June 26th, 2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old June 26th, 2018, 06:44 PM

I would be interested to know how you made the Safety Sentinel work with the Rallye Pac.

Let's see here.

Engine options. You're already going OAI so can't do Climatic Combustion Control. Cruise and UHV like said. Chrome valve covers because why not. Heavy duty cooling, which basically means clutch fan, shroud, and a big radiator. Air conditioning.

Exterior options. Your courtesy light switch is where the power antenna switch should be. There were only two spots since convertibles can't have a rear defrost of that style. Remote mirror, passenger mirror, like said. Someone may have the thoroughly ridiculous rallye stripe kit with the 3 foot long 442 badges lying around or repopped.

Disc brakes with those big rims.

Interior, power windows like said. The convertible speaker location is dumb in the back, so I see why you are doing the big car speaker. Reverbs are fun. Power bench or power drivers bucket, like said, reclining pass seat like said. There was a 70, column auto only, shifter lever with a pulse button for the wipers. Takes a special wiper motor too. Kleenex dispenser and trash can.

If you want to get nuts, adapt an autronic eye from the 50s, or the night watch headlight delay. It's a thinly veiled drag racing device, but the traction compound rear wheel squirters are fun if loaded with bleach or whatever people use for big freaking burnouts.
Old June 28th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Do Damage

Originally Posted by rcorrigan5
Be careful with your power trunk release set-up. Unless you have the proper connecting piece between the trunk lock and the vacuum cylinder, the power trunk set-up will not work.

I thought all I needed to do was get a long connecting piece for the trunk lock so the spade would extend through the vacuum cylinder but it binds up. There is a special "spade" that works between the two that hardly anyone seems to have. It's the piece pictured below with the key. The other one is very similar except that the spade isn't quite long enough.

Randy C.
Randy thanks for the info. I thought just an easy swap with the original parts. The picture will help a lot when I go looking for that.