68 Cutlass S Convertible Window adjustment help

Old May 21st, 2018, 11:19 AM

Question 68 Cutlass S Convertible Window adjustment help

I just reinstalled the motors on my front LH and RH windows. New windows also. I cant seem to get the top of the window adjusted in far enough. I have the adjustment on the bottom rear tracks pushed out as far as possible but window still 1/2 to 3/4 inch away from top of window seal. Can anyone help with the issues. Also when I get the tilt correct for the door to close without window hitting rear quarter window then the window id down 1/2 inch on front top corner,,,,, scratching my head.
Old May 21st, 2018, 06:52 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

If you didn't mark/photograph/make notes of the original location(s) before disassembly you're screwed blued and tattooed....and in for a month of hair loss and trial and error with the door panels off the car.

Its critical that the vert top is adjusted properly as well as the doors. Make sure all the weather seals and window mechanism stops are in place and serviceable. Hopefully, you are using all of the OEM fasteners especially the vent window fasteners?

Now make the windows fit. Start with the door glass then make the quarter glass fit to it. Make sure everything is lubed up good too. Do it from inside the car, top up and locked, car level on its suspension. Take the seats out to make it easier. It requires a ton of patience. Always keep track of where you started so you can go back to it. When something is improving the fit mark that location so you can keep going back to it while making other adjustments.
I dont think these adjustments are in any factory manuals?
Old May 21st, 2018, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the good news,,,,

I bought the car as an empty shell. I installed all the tracks, vent windows and all glass, qtr windows and assemblies also. So there was no marking of anything. I will start with the gray hairs first, lol