Saving a 69 "racecar"

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2018, 11:43 AM

Saving a 69 "racecar"

Figured I'd get back on here and give you guys a look at my new project. It's a 69 cutlass roller I picked it up out of Jersey from some Mustang owners who were going to scrap it next week so I scooped it up. It's an ex-racecar that was thrown together and home built and whoever drove it was a brave soul as if they ever needed the cage to work they wouldn't be alive...it's got some old drag tech and alot of rust but nothing I'm not used to. The plan is a budget drag car for my girlfriend and I to run and over the years just go faster then the last. Eventually I want to run it competitively in half mile/full mile events but that's down the road. Right now the focus is to get it safely running and driving. I'm looking to go fiberglass for as much as possible since the body's rusting anyway. Currently it needs both fenders, rad support, doors, both lower ends of the quarters, trunk lid, trunk, and floor pan work. The hood is a cheaper fiberglass 442 reproduction that they added an older scoop on with bondo so add a hood to the list. Going with a custom harness to run the motor and just have a clean setup to start with and work with down the line. Gonna replace the hazy lexan with some newer stuff and add some straps and buttons so they can all go up and down and cool the car off. Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas. Also 2 questions...

Will a 72 front end bolt onto a 69?
Anyone know if they make a 1 piece front end for a 69?

here's some cell phone pics of what I'm working with

Old April 4th, 2018, 05:03 AM

Looks like fun Good luck with it. Good thing about a car like that is you can do what you want with it and not worry about messing up a valuable numbers matching example. Keep us posted, I like it!