Making progress

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2016, 07:15 PM

Making progress

Well after almost 4 years the car is looking like a car again, almost. Me my wife and my neighbor set the body back on the frame today. Yeah! Thought this day would never come. Still alot to do but this is the fun part, just have to be careful to not scratch or chip the paint. Still have some things, bumper brackets, upper tail light fixtures to clean up and paint if needed. Have alot of new parts and some i have restored and had waiting for their time to go back on the car. The body was on a rotisserie on one side of the garage, and the frame on the other, now i have alot more room in the place, thats nice too!
Progress! i like it.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
002.JPG (1.93 MB, 65 views)
003.JPG (1.85 MB, 62 views)
004.JPG (1.73 MB, 63 views)
Old November 13th, 2016, 07:31 PM

My new wheels are at Discount Tire, I bought new Cooper Cobras 8 days ago, got them home and pressure washed them. I noticed on all tires, not the white letters but all of the black letters and numbers seemed blurred, almost illegible, and one of the back tires had small circles all in the sidewall. I took them back and the manager their agreed with me and said they were bad molds, (2 different size tires). Both with bad molds? So they ordered new Coopers, got in 2 first, still waiting on the rest... But one of the tires was the same. Circles in the side wall and blurred print. I mean every word and number was blurred. and the size numbers were solid where as the one good tire the size numbers were an outline.
I canned the Coopers and ordered T A Radials, I have used Coopers since the 80's with great results, i usually get better mileage from them over the TA's and traction seemed the same. Anyway the T A's should be here tomorrow, i hope the 275-60's will take up some of the space in the back wheel well, but there is still alot of weight to be added to the car. Really the body didnt seem to compress the new springs at all...lol. I hope the back comes down quite a bit once its all put together.
Attached Images
010.JPG (1.76 MB, 31 views)
011.JPG (1.15 MB, 34 views)
014.JPG (2.10 MB, 28 views)
013.JPG (2.17 MB, 27 views)
015.JPG (1.85 MB, 23 views)
Old November 14th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Nice

Nice work! I love the color. Too bad about your tire experience . For my part, I've always liked the BFG-TA's.

Good luck with the balance of your project - it will be fantastic when you finish!
Old November 14th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Gorgeous
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, its been alot of work but im excited to get it done. It would be nice to have it done to drive it to nationals in Albuqurque in July, but im not going to get my hopes up too much.
Got my tires today, they used stick on wheel weights on the front wheels so as not to scratch the chrome, and put regular wheel weights on the back wheels. I called the manager, hes a good guy, and was upset they did it that way. He said if the wheels are scratched he will replace them. We will see tomorrow. Lol this has been the strangest tire experience ive ever had.
Old November 14th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Full-time Taxpayer

Very Nice!!