Wes' 72 CS

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Wes' 72 CS

Where to begin. After I got my first look on the car I found a bad sign, no bushings in the lf upper control arm. That was an easy fix and hoped the suspension would be in decent shape but no. The front end is a mess with worn bushings, bent end links and the works.

The interior is in decent shape, seats look great and carpet is good. I am lacking a headliner at this point and the rear panel behind the back seat has been cut out for some reason. Hopefully these will be easy fixes.

Had a transmission leak that previous owner could not figure out, but a $12 bullit fixed that problem.

Engine is an olds 350 and slighty built but has a awful stutter at full throttle from a stand still and burps out the carb. I have been slowley adjusting timing and af mixture but still not there yet. Removed the lh exhaust manifold and WAMMO the dipstick tube broke off as it was rusted to the manifold. How does this happen?

Two weeks in and still love the ride even though its throwing the change up at me all the time. Will post as I progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
002.JPG (65.3 KB, 43 views)
009.JPG (65.4 KB, 40 views)
car1.jpg (4.0 KB, 36 views)
car4.jpg (4.3 KB, 67 views)
car8.jpg (4.4 KB, 32 views)
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Got my Hedmans on and man did that make a differnce, she sounds nice mean with that low growl. Now that Im street legal its time to work on all the fun stuf. The engine came with a edelbrock 750 on a 350 block for some reason and I am really having issues getting it tuned right. It no longer burbs out the carb but still has hesitation when you jump on the gas at a stand still. Once the motor is about 2k it winds up nicely. Checked the timing and it was set 2degrees? I bumped this to 13 and have gotten a major improvement. Any other ideas?
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM

"check secondary latching device and rods for proper movement"

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ers_manual.pdf
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:08 AM

I think you might be getting too much fuel, that carb is big for a 350
Old April 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM

yeah carb came with car when bought a month ago, looking at a 600cfm down the road. Just trying to get it to run somewhat normal while I fix other items. Thanks
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:54 PM

I put an edlebrock proformer intake and a holly 600cfm 4bbl on 350 rocket, bolted it in and that was it ,runs awsome. rebuilding a chassis i got from dvap, to put under my 71 cutlass. good luck with your project.