My 1984 Delta 88

Old September 10th, 2016, 02:27 PM

My 1984 Delta 88

This thread is to show off my project Delta 88. I've introduced myself in the newbie forum so I thought I'd continue with my project here.

My delta 88 has the 307/200c with 54k miles. I have all the receipts of the work done to the car dating back to 84. Unfortunately it's going to need a few things 'cause it's not perfect. I don't plan on making this into a restoration. There's a few things that need to be done and some things I want to do to it.

The things it needs:
gas tank
rear passenger door
headliner replaced
transmission
couple spots of surface rust taken care of

The rear pass door is too far gone at the bottom to be saved. The only bad part of the car. The trans is shot. If I have it in 'D' it seems to have a delayed shift from 1st to 2nd. If I put it in '2' it'll shift kinda like it's supposed to. Downshifting using the gas pedal from 3rd to 2nd it seems to slip or hunt for 2nd. It also has a shift flare from 2nd to 3rd weather I shift it manually or let the car do it. So it's gonna need a rebuild. The gas tank leaks at 3/4 or above.

The things I'd like to do:
get rid of the side molding
different intake manifold
headers
dual exhaust
wheels
LED lights in the dash/interior

I got a set of cragars from a buddy of mine that I sold to him years ago for the car. I'll put them on next year. They might need a set of tires anyways so no use putting them on a month before I put the car away for the winter.

One thing I did fix already was the warning module. The original crapped out and I'm not sure why. I got one from a mid 90's Monte Carlo in the junkyard today. Now the fasten belt light works as it should and I'll remember to shut my lights off.

I did find out that GM has changed the part number for the warning chime module a few times. It's still available. But one from another GM will work just as good and it's way cheaper if you find one in the junkyard.

Teaser of the cragars:
IMAG1031_zps1qv2vkyg.jpg

Also these are shot on the car:
IMAG1020_zps3wfbjtit.jpg

Anyone know where I can get replacements? Both sides are gone. Or an idea of what I can do for replacements?