convertible top hydraulics

Old October 13th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 35
convertible top hydraulics

Have to put a new set of pump hoses on my 70 cutlass convertible, old ones were broken. Didn't record which hose went where. Does the hose from the top of the pump go to the top hole in the cylinder or the other way around?
I know, stupid me, should've taken pictures or written it down. Hindsight is 20/20. Thanks for the help.
mkenny is offline  
Old November 26th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Mannheim, PA
Posts: 103
Try googling a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass service manual. My 1961 manual discusses the convertible top system at length. Would think the Cutlass manual would too. The only other solution is to discover which pump lines push fluid top up and top down then connect to top cylinders accordingly.
Larry/car is offline  
Old November 26th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Registered User
Tedd Thompson's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Forest Ranch Ca.
Posts: 5,144
Try Hydro-E- Electric they make the pumps for most convertibles They will know.... Tedd
Tedd Thompson is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Brakes/Hydraulic Systems
October 5th, 2015 01:00 PM
Brakes/Hydraulic Systems
January 3rd, 2014 09:18 AM
Brakes/Hydraulic Systems
March 15th, 2010 04:04 PM
Brakes/Hydraulic Systems
June 8th, 2009 12:37 AM
March 11th, 2009 10:16 PM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: convertible top hydraulics

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.