1967 cs 442

Search this Thread

Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:45 PM

Congrats on your purchase .

You are definitely in the right place . Just to let you know , the H - 70 x 14 Goodyear Custom Polyglas RWL pictured on your first post are super rare . They have NOT been produced since 1972 . Our membership likes a lot of pictures . As you go through the disassembly process take pictures and ask questions . You will find everything you will ever need on this site .

My 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 442 Holiday Coupe is going to Auctioned off this Jan . 29th or 30th of 2016 @ Russo Steele Scottsdale AZ . I have purchased dozens of beautiful O.E. parts from members here , all with great results . You are probably going to get used to rather numerous orders , and conversations with Fusick's ...

You sound grounded in what you want , do NOT be afraid to ask twice as many questions as you think you need to .
Thanks for saving another one .. JT
Old November 22nd, 2015, 06:55 PM

Love the console, rally gauges, remote side mirror. Enjoy that 67!
Old November 23rd, 2015, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by jeure
Bottom line is that this is your car, your money and your satisfaction. As far as I can tell, you looked at the advice and made a decision. If you are happy with your decision, the car is worth $13,000 to you. Enjoy your car and use this site for information and advice. Very good and knowledgeable people around here.

When all is said and done though it may not be worth $13,000, you cant put a price happiness. When I took the car out today for a drive and settled into 4th gear cruising at about 65-70 mph with the original am/fm radio tuned to an old school station the feeling was priceless.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
On second thought this car may still be available on craigslist, I don't believe its listed any longer on E-Bay though. I actually considered this car although the interior was shot and missing a bucket seat. Very questionable, It did not re-post on E-Bay after the ad ended. Whether it ran was also questionable.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by wishful
On second thought this car may still be available on craigslist, I don't believe its listed any longer on E-Bay though. I actually considered this car although the interior was shot and missing a bucket seat. Very questionable, It did not re-post on E-Bay after the ad ended. Whether it ran was also questionable.
No contact info on it also.Good luck with your car. There is no price for happiness. I bet that grin is still on your face.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 05:41 AM

Sounds like this one.
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5291295185.html
Old November 23rd, 2015, 11:00 AM

Yep, that's the one, the car exterior didn't look bad and in the above ad the pictures of the interior went missing. I did seriously consider this car but there were those issues, aside from the distance.

A few more pics. per request of my now new project. At this point I can only move forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
017.jpg (1.96 MB, 51 views)
027.jpg (1.51 MB, 63 views)
030.jpg (1.97 MB, 62 views)
031.jpg (1.52 MB, 54 views)

Last edited by wishful; November 23rd, 2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Outside of the front seats the interior does look nice. It even has the unobtainium ebrake red lens.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 03:53 PM
Ben

Steering wheel looks nice, no cracks (67 & 68 are usually all cracked to hell)
Rally pac-tach dash insert... rare and cool...
4spd w/ console cool.

Your original post didn't really say much about the car other than the pics made it hard to understand what you were really asking...
I think you paid a bit high, but maybe not quite as bad when you start adding in these other details.

Does it run and drive? What do the floors and rockers look like from the underside?
Does it have the side & wheel well chrome stored away with it?

Open up the hood and take a look at the inside of the front lip. 66 & 67's commonly rusted out in that spot... So if yours looks good from the underside- it will bode well for the rest of the car.

What are your plans for the car?
Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:38 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
4spd w/ console cool.

Your original post didn't really say much about the car other than the pics made it hard to understand what you were really asking...
I think you paid a bit high, but maybe not quite as bad when you start adding in these other details.

Does it run and drive? What do the floors and rockers look like from the underside?

Open up the hood and take a look at the inside of the front lip. 66 & 67's commonly rusted out in that spot... So if yours looks good from the underside- it will bode well for the rest of the car.

I'll have to take a look at the underside more thoroughly, it runs and drives well. Will look more closely at the underside and hood but yes all chrome pieces are in trunk. Plans? She's a keeper though.

Last edited by wishful; November 23rd, 2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:35 PM

Well the motor looks as if it may be rebuilt? Or just freshened up a bit, anyway its clean and painted. If it runs good then you dont need to rebuild it now. I would call Legendary interiors and get front seat covers and carpet, new 15" wheels and bigger tires. Perhaps alot of the mechanical work has been done already, if so that will save you a bundle. Can you paint? or have a buddy that can? Good paint will cost you $1000- $1500. Do you have the skills to do most of the work yourself? If so that will also save you $,$$$.$$ I love 67's, I dont think $13,000 is far off for a good running car that only needs cosmetics and some minor work. Having to pay someone else to do the work is what cost the most, i know i couldnt afford this hobby if i couldnt do the work myself. When i was younger in about 1971 or 72 I had a 67 4 spd, it was very nice and for a big car it was fast.
Good luck with the car, congrats on your purchase
Steve
Old November 25th, 2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by steverw
Well the motor looks as if it may be rebuilt? Or just freshened up a bit, anyway its clean and painted. If it runs good then you dont need to rebuild it now. I would call Legendary interiors and get front seat covers and carpet, new 15" wheels and bigger tires. Perhaps alot of the mechanical work has been done already, if so that will save you a bundle. Can you paint? or have a buddy that can? Good paint will cost you $1000- $1500. Do you have the skills to do most of the work yourself? If so that will also save you $,$$$.$$ I love 67's, I dont think $13,000 is far off for a good running car that only needs cosmetics and some minor work. Having to pay someone else to do the work is what cost the most, i know i couldnt afford this hobby if i couldnt do the work myself. When i was younger in about 1971 or 72 I had a 67 4 spd, it was very nice and for a big car it was fast.
Good luck with the car, congrats on your purchase
Steve
I don't think the engine has been rebuilt although it doesn't look bad. The picture in my previous post does show an original intake from a 400 ci engine, which was a part of the deal. It belonged to the dealer. I'm certain I could do much of the prep work to the body given the time. Unfortunately I do not have a garage. I'll have to figure it all out as I go along I suppose. Thanks Steve...

Ron
Old November 25th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Administrator

... Unfortunately I do not have a garage.

Ron
Old November 25th, 2015, 09:27 PM

No garage Gulp Where are you located at?
Old November 25th, 2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by wr1970
No garage Gulp Where are you located at?
Cincinnati, I 'll have to store it over the winter. My home was built in 1900 apparently no one felt the need for one at the time? Perhaps most people were still getting around in horse drawn carriages.

By the way can someone help me with a description of this this carb. presently on this car. I know its a Holly but that's about it.
Attached Images
056.jpg (2.00 MB, 39 views)
Old November 26th, 2015, 03:31 AM
Old School Olds

I can't help with the Holly, but if you need to sell that intake...
Old November 26th, 2015, 06:46 AM

There should be some numbers on the carb you can research, maybe on the air horn in front. Its a vacume secondary carb, thats all i can say. And yes if thats an original GM intake its worth some bucks.
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
4spd w/ console cool.

Thanks, I did take a look at the inside front lip of the hood and the underside of rockers I've attached pics. including the only rust I've found on the car (other than surface rust), aside from drivers side floor panel. I'll let you be the judge.

Also for those who have submitted their input please keep in mind that I'm still a novice of sorts, I've learned quite a bit from your responses, I hadn't considered the importance of the details when I began this post, nor the importance of lots of pics. I certainly didn't intend to mislead anyone. Of course time restraints due to work and everything else involved in purchasing the car factor in as well.
Attached Images
010.jpg (2.28 MB, 31 views)
042.jpg (1.31 MB, 29 views)
044.jpg (2.14 MB, 31 views)
047.jpg (1.63 MB, 29 views)
048.jpg (1.36 MB, 28 views)
Old November 28th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Administrator

You'll find that once you start digging into it the rust will be a significant part of your paint work. Although it doesn't look too bad from the pictures hope it won't be worse as you progress under the moldings. We have all seen much worse though.
Old November 28th, 2015, 07:07 PM

now the fun begins!!!
Old November 29th, 2015, 05:16 AM

Thanks, I did take a look at the inside front lip of the hood and the underside of rockers I've attached pics. including the only rust I've found on the car (other than surface rust), aside from drivers side floor panel. I'll let you be the judge.
The rust you show is very typical for these cars and yes it will get bigger when you remove moldings and take a sander or wire wheel to the areas. Overall doesnt look that bad.... comes with the territory so to speak for the 67's from the northeast.