1966 442 Bench Seat Carpet ACC??

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2015, 11:04 AM

1966 442 Bench Seat Carpet ACC??

Hi all,

I ordered an ACC carpet set for my bench seat 4 speed car and have been reading that they are different than the bucket seat set. There is no option for Bench Seats, nor does ACC make a bench seat set (after calling). Am I just SOL here? I think I can cut the carpet short so there is a space underneath the front bench without carpet - but what about the finished pieces in the middle of each side that only go under the front track mounts? It looks like that has sewed on ends on that small piece of carpet.
Old July 24th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Ben

I think I can cut the carpet short so there is a space underneath the front bench without carpet - but what about the finished pieces in the middle of each side that only go under the front track mounts? It looks like that has sewed on ends on that small piece of carpet.
Huh???

There is no special carpet set for buckets or bench.
There ARE special options for 4spd hump vs no 4spd hump...

I can't figure out what you are talking about above... If you wanted to leave a bare space under the seat, just don't cut it all the way across, cut it inside (under the seat) of the seat tracks, so the outside edges extend all the way back to the finished seam and overlap the rear piece where its visible.

Carpet is one of the easiest things to do on these cars, don't over think it.

DO keep a soldering iron handy for melting bolt holes in the carpet. MILLION times easier than trying to cut the holes.