dark green or metallic dark green 1970 interior

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2015, 06:02 AM
70 Cutlass S Conv

dark green or metallic dark green 1970 interior

Need help. I'm in the process of a bench to buckets conversion for a 70 supreme convertible. The upholstery from pui is dark metallic green which is different than the dark green bucket panels I purchased from opgi. I restored the center console with a dark metallic green paint from year one. Every shade of green. From my original dash, door panels, to carpet is slightly different. Is this normal when not doing a complete interior at once. Also, for 70 should it be dark green or dark metallic green? Restos dont offer both, that i can find anyway. Thanks for any comments, I'm getting frustrated. Chris
Old March 1st, 2015, 06:54 AM

The green is tough. When I got interior paint I used a paint supplier and had it mixed to the paint codes in the assembly manual then he used one of my headrests and tweaked it a bit to match. It worked out the color matched very good. Can't comment on upolstery, other than it's the dark green mettalic.
Old March 1st, 2015, 03:03 PM
Oldsdruid

Based on the green interior 70 my folks had I remember the seat material and dash had a metallic sheen to it but I don't recall it on door and rear side panels.
Old March 1st, 2015, 03:48 PM

I have a 70 sx with green interior. Everything I see is some metallic look on mine before i redid it. I can check my interior paint but I did same as previous poster and had it made from assembly manual paint codes that they cross referenced. One thing I know and my 70 chevelle is similar (but red) - different areas had different gloss levels maybe to avoid sun reflection. Steering column and dash pad were matte and plastic and metal dashboard underneath was satin/semigloss. Pillar moldings were matte. All plastic molded pieces were molded in that color and were semi. I replaced door panels, but my originals had some metallic look.