best place to purchase new interior

Old May 19th, 2008, 05:28 PM

best place to purchase new interior

I want to replace the complete interior (door panels, carpet,headliner and seat covers) in my 70 442 and would like to purchase the complete kit from one place. I would like a quality product. Who should I purchase from?
Thanks
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:12 PM

OPGI has three levels of interior kits.
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Legendary Auto Interiors, is by far the best out there, Most of the other places Year One and such sell PUI. Not the best quality but cheaper than Legendary. JKaz
Old May 20th, 2008, 07:06 AM

best interiors

I have used Legendary's interiors in 4 different cars. They may be the best out there (readymade) but that isn't saying much. I would never use any of their products again. If you intend to drive this car much you'll do good to get 3 or 4 years before the vinyl starts coming apart. They use cheap vinyl & you get what you pay for. I've even used a couple of their vinyl tops & both were sent to me made from old dry rotted material. Find you a good trim shop & have them made from good quality material.
Old May 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM

IF you aren't concerned about originality you can order kits from Kanter. I have also seen this company before. I don't know if they have good service or quality though. I have never ordered from them before.

http://www.rodinteriors.com/index
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:25 PM

Are you looking for an original look for the car? If so, Legendary is your best bet. Call them DIRECT....they may be running a sale on complete interior kits or they may cut you a deal if you buy everything from them. Ask for Eric.

One word of warning....if you are replacing bucket seat foams DO NOT buy the cheaper ones. Buy the foams made by American Seat Cushion or American Seat Foam (it's one of those two). Do not buy the Sagaro brand foams. I think Legendary offers both for some reason.

I have put in and seen numerous Legendary Interiors kits put in restorations......the quality is very good. Always unbox EVERYTHING once you get it, even if you don't plan on installing it for awhile. These vendors, understandably, don't have a lot of sympathy if you call them one or two years after getting their product with a problem.
Old May 23rd, 2008, 06:09 AM

Ledgendary replaced some covers for me a year and a half after I bought them. When I opened the boxes I found the buttons were not located correctly on the seat backs and bottoms. They replaced the covers no questions asked.

Originally Posted by 70Post
Are you looking for an original look for the car? If so, Legendary is your best bet. Call them DIRECT....they may be running a sale on complete interior kits or they may cut you a deal if you buy everything from them. Ask for Eric.

One word of warning....if you are replacing bucket seat foams DO NOT buy the cheaper ones. Buy the foams made by American Seat Cushion or American Seat Foam (it's one of those two). Do not buy the Sagaro brand foams. I think Legendary offers both for some reason.

I have put in and seen numerous Legendary Interiors kits put in restorations......the quality is very good. Always unbox EVERYTHING once you get it, even if you don't plan on installing it for awhile. These vendors, understandably, don't have a lot of sympathy if you call them one or two years after getting their product with a problem.
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Registered

Try getting an estimate from a good established trim shop that deals in restos and street rods. They can make and install door panels and seat covers for less than you can buy them for in some cases.

Allan
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:35 PM
same but different

I ordered a complete interior last Tuesday from http://www.fusick.com/ To my surprise it all arrived today. The company that made most of it is here http://www.pui.cc/product.htm

I have looked over everything I received and it all looks great. The stuff was packed well and arrived perfectly. I've noticed one difference in the chrome trim around the woodgrain on the door panels. No big deal to me.