72 convertible new interior

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2019, 06:16 PM

72 convertible new interior

Wondering if Legendary upholstery kits better than PUI.? Both have such mixed reviews, just replacing with white vinyl split front bench and rear seat. Thanks in advance for any input.
Old April 3rd, 2019, 07:40 PM
Running On Empty

I purchased my rear seat and rear back covers from Legendary - extremely satisfied with the quality of the products - perfect fit, excellent material. I did not purchase a 'kit'. I had them send me a bag of hog rings with the covers and that was it. If you elect to buy the kit, you might consider the cost of the kit and what's contained in the kit. Look at the current state of the cushion material under you current covers and decide if you need new cushion material. You can also purchase high quality cushion material from any Michael's hobby store - cotton batting, foam, etc. Legendary customer service is very good, as well. Call them w/ any inquiries you might have. I have not purchased form PUI.
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:44 AM

If you like puffy, undefined grain in the material, stitching that simulates originally recessed areas, and bloated door panels that wrinkle like trash bags - even on the woodgrain - go with PUI. Legendary's grains and textures are much more like the originals. I used PUI once for an Ivy Gold 1968 interior. Way too gold (not enough green) and maybe 85% accurate on the pattern and grain. I'll spend the extra 25% every time for Legendary.
Terry
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Ben

Legendary 110%

If you wait until memorial day weekend they will likely have another one of their sales... Or if you want to order sooner, order through Wellington Classics https://wellingtonclassics.com/ , they consistently offer the best prices and are considerably cheaper than ordering direct from Legendary (except during their various sales).
Old April 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM

I bought Legendary and am happy- now-. After inspecting the covers and saw they were ok I took to the shop to have seats done. After they were done I was happy and then put seats back in car and took for a ride. Came back from ride and guess what? Right in the middle of the front seat was a thread that stuck up and was SO noticeable. It must have been a thread that broke.I sent a pic of it to Legendary and they said to send back the cover and they would replace it. Since here in Michigan we store our cars in the winter and I had just got the car out in the spring, I asked if I could sent the cover back in the fall which they agreed to. In October I took seat back to shop and he removed cover and sent back. A few weeks later I got back a new different cover. Yep, had to pay upholstery guy twice plus all the hassle but like anything man-made there can be problems. They did stand up to their product and I just chalk it up as $hit happens... I love the overall quality of the stitching,etc. Around Christmas time they offer a 10% off sale. Seems all the rest of the time you pay full price.
Old April 4th, 2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Eli 72
Wondering if Legendary upholstery kits better than PUI.? Both have such mixed reviews, just replacing with white vinyl split front bench and rear seat. Thanks in advance for any input.
This is the whole interior in Legendary 1971 Pearl White. It will take a few weeks, as they make to order.
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:14 PM

upholstery kits

Thanks to everyone for your feedback much appreciated.
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by PatL
This is the whole interior in Legendary 1971 Pearl White. It will take a few weeks, as they make to order.
Very nice. I have used Legendary on two of my cars and wouldn't consider anything else. Curious, did you buy Pearl white seatbacks and side panels from them or did you spray your existing panels?