Has Anyone installed a Quietride molded Firewall pad / insulator?

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2018, 08:16 PM

Has Anyone installed a Quietride molded Firewall pad / insulator?

wonderjng if anyone has installed a molded firewall insulator pad from QuietRide. I have been trying to install a pad purchased from Fusick that am struggling with and not happy with. Just wondering if the quietride option is more correct and worth the xtra money. They say that they are actually molded for an exact fit. But they are 3 to 4 times the price and I’m not finding much info about them. Thanks Tim
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:33 PM

link?
Old September 18th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Old September 18th, 2018, 10:57 PM

Who knows??? Not enough info there to tell exactly what part is "molded" and of course no pics showing the look of the surface (if the appearance VS. the original matters to you).

Maybe you can email or call them and ask them for a sample piece. You better ask specifically about any "lip"/step for the carpet on the P side...just saying "it's molded" doesn't mean it will have that feature which seems to be important to you.

The originals, I believe, are not two layers like the repros....the originals were a rubber material (liquid or molten) that was applied to the jute and the inconsistencies/texture of the jute appear in the rubberized coating to some degree. The repros are one layer of whatever material with jute glued onto the back..Parts Place is a paperboard type material impregnated with some black coating over jute, Fusick's...I don't know what theirs are made of, and some other cheap ones are just a thin layer of black closed cell foam with jute glued to the back.

Didn't check your other thread but Ames Pontiac also sells a "better" pad that they say is molded...not cheap at $165 or so. Haven't seen one myself so I can't give a true opinion. The jute backing, however, runs from edge to edge.....like the originals so they mention in their description that it "may be visible on the edges" or something like that. Theirs also has a foil layer which they mention.

Last edited by 70Post; September 18th, 2018 at 11:01 PM.