1985 Delta 88 dash removal

Search this Thread

Old August 22nd, 2018, 09:48 AM

1985 Delta 88 dash removal

Does anyone know how to remove the dash in an 85 delta 88? I have removed all visible screws and it seems to be stuck in the center. Cant figure it out. Any help is appreciated!
Old August 22nd, 2018, 10:00 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by WB8588
Does anyone know how to remove the dash in an 85 delta 88? I have removed all visible screws and it seems to be stuck in the center. Cant figure it out. Any help is appreciated!
What part of the dash? The individual bezels have to come out first. There is one around the steering column and speedo and another in the center where the radio and heater controls are. You need to remove the headlight **** to remove the LH panel. Note that in addition to the screws, these panels have tabs on the backside, which press into spring clips in the carrier panel. CAREFULLY pull outward once you remove the screws. The plastic carrier panel gets brittle and breaks easily. Expect the clips to go flying, so watch for them. I usually have to repair at least one area with epoxy for plastic every time I do this. The speedo comes out with the LH panel, so you'll need to disconnect the speedo cable to get it out.
Old August 22nd, 2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
What part of the dash? The individual bezels have to come out first. There is one around the steering column and speedo and another in the center where the radio and heater controls are. You need to remove the headlight **** to remove the LH panel. Note that in addition to the screws, these panels have tabs on the backside, which press into spring clips in the carrier panel. CAREFULLY pull outward once you remove the screws. The plastic carrier panel gets brittle and breaks easily. Expect the clips to go flying, so watch for them. I usually have to repair at least one area with epoxy for plastic every time I do this. The speedo comes out with the LH panel, so you'll need to disconnect the speedo cable to get it out.
i ended up breaking a lot of the plastic :/ man. I feel like that will be hard to find