72 cutlass front bench installation issue

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2018, 09:06 AM

72 cutlass front bench installation issue

Removed my split bench from my 72 cutlass to have reupholstered, upon the re installation the bolt holes are not matching up with the brackets.
Like half an inch off.
I can only put in 2 bolts, for instance driver front and rear bracket or vice versa with passenger side or both driver and passenger front.
But in any case I cant get the other 2 bolts to line up with the holes.
The bolts are in loose to give me some wiggle room, but will just not line up with all 4 bolt holes.
And it almost looks like when the driver front bolt and passenger front bolt are in, the bench looks crooked, almost as if the passenger side looks closer to the dash and the driver side looks further from the dash?? It just doesn't look straight.
What in the world is going on here???
I have checked many times to make sure this is my bench and surely it is, just not lining up.
HELP ME GET MY BENCH SEAT PUT BACK IN SO I CAN DRIVE MY BABY AGAIN! LOL!
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

The passenger side seat track is out of sync with the driver side. There is a wire that runs from the driver side track to the passenger side that disengages the lock on the passenger side when you move the adjusting lever on the driver side. Note where this wire attaches to the passenger side track. Temporarily unhook this wire from the driver side track and slide that track all the way to the front. Manually move the little lever on the passenger side track to unlock it and also move it all the way to the front. Reinstall the wire and bolt your seat into place.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The passenger side seat track is out of sync with the driver side. There is a wire that runs from the driver side track to the passenger side that disengages the lock on the passenger side when you move the adjusting lever on the driver side. Note where this wire attaches to the passenger side track. Temporarily unhook this wire from the driver side track and slide that track all the way to the front. Manually move the little lever on the passenger side track to unlock it and also move it all the way to the front. Reinstall the wire and bolt your seat into place.
Ok, I'll give that a shot.
"Lever on the passenger side"? is it on the underside of the seat? Because the only lever I am familiar with is the lever on the side of the driver side to move the seat forward and back.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by JAXX455
Ok, I'll give that a shot.
"Lever on the passenger side"? is it on the underside of the seat? Because the only lever I am familiar with is the lever on the side of the driver side to move the seat forward and back.

Flip the seat over. There is a small lever (OK, tab) on the INBOARD side of the track that the control wire attaches to.
Old June 15th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Thumbs up

Flip the seat over. There is a small lever (OK, tab) on the INBOARD side of the track that the control wire attaches to.
Appreciate the info
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:21 AM

Just wanted to report back, this was the issue and worked as mentioned.
Thanks for the help!