Interior redo on my 72 cutlass part 1

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2018, 09:47 AM

Interior redo on my 72 cutlass part 1

Wanted to do this last year but time ran out. My first attempt. I also have front seat covers and door panels. I ended up going with PUI and I’m not unhappy. The previous owner painted the door panels and put 70 gto s at covers on. The front buckets have some issues with the springs I have to delve into.

All in all it came out good so far. The back cushion on the rear was the hardest, but I got that done. I got the preassembled door panels and am glad I did. The window crank holes were a little off , but all in all it went well. I recommend pics or video before you take things apart. It makes it easier.
Old April 20th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Looks good.
Old April 21st, 2018, 06:10 AM
72 Olds CS

Back looks good, I redid my fronts w little trouble and they came out good. If you need seat springs parts you can try Rambow ( Ben) on this site he has had parts to rebuild the seat springs.

I found the holes in my original GM door panels to be off a little and not as centered as I expected.

Any before pics?
Old April 21st, 2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
Back looks good, I redid my fronts w little trouble and they came out good. If you need seat springs parts you can try Rambow ( Ben) on this site he has had parts to rebuild the seat springs.

I found the holes in my original GM door panels to be off a little and not as centered as I expected.

Any before pics?
The thread was kid of an after thought actually. Now I wished I had posted before pics . I will certainly do it for the front . Worth mentioning is in the process I ended up breaking the platic armrest where the metal upper strip attaches to it. Not a big deal as one of the armrest had a crack at the screw hole anyways and it was originally a lighter color. Summit had some in stock so I picked them up and they worked great.

Going forward I am going to figure out a better way to locate the holes in the door panels . I ended up taking the original piece and measuring . What I am thinking about doing is get some screws and cut the heads off . Then grind the screw down to a point. At that point I can put the panel in place, hit it with a rubber mallet to make an indentation where the screw is supposed to go. Anyone have a better method?