Vista Cruiser interior GM A-Body F-85

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2017, 09:06 AM

Vista Cruiser interior GM A-Body F-85

Hello anyone,
I need pieces of trim, interior items, etc, and there seems to be no mention on lots of retailer sites about a Vista Cruiser.
Question - can items for, say a driver's door, that are marked as fitting a 64-67 A Body, or F-85, fit on a vista cruiser? It LOOKS like it, and there's TONS of stuff out there for 442 and Cutty owners, but will the dash lights fit my wagon? Will the windows fuzzies for a 67 cutlass fit the windows of a 67 wagon? I think yes, but I'm not about to order a lot of stuff without knowing what I might be able to use.

Thoughts and experience, please?
Old June 2nd, 2017, 11:10 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Toma Mallett
Hello anyone,
I need pieces of trim, interior items, etc, and there seems to be no mention on lots of retailer sites about a Vista Cruiser.
Question - can items for, say a driver's door, that are marked as fitting a 64-67 A Body, or F-85, fit on a vista cruiser? It LOOKS like it, and there's TONS of stuff out there for 442 and Cutty owners, but will the dash lights fit my wagon? Will the windows fuzzies for a 67 cutlass fit the windows of a 67 wagon? I think yes, but I'm not about to order a lot of stuff without knowing what I might be able to use.

Thoughts and experience, please?
Same answer I gave you on Facebook...

The VC is the same as any other 67 Cutlass from the dash forward. It's the same as any other 67 Cutlass four door or flattop wagon from the front doors and front seat forward. Front door window fuzzies and weatherstrip are the same as for a FOUR door.

The VC has a 5" longer wheelbase than any other Cutlass. All of this added length is in the back doors. The back door fuzzies and weatherstrip are unique to the VC. Rear quarter windows and tailgate are the same as on any other Cutlass flattop wagon. 66 and 67 VCs are the same except for hood, grille, front bumper, core support, and radiator.
Old June 4th, 2017, 08:14 AM

Hey, Joe,
follow up question - would a third row seat from a 71 VC fir into the rear area of the 67 VC? Not sure how radical the body style change was, or if the measurements changed....
Old June 4th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Toma Mallett
Hey, Joe,
follow up question - would a third row seat from a 71 VC fir into the rear area of the 67 VC? Not sure how radical the body style change was, or if the measurements changed....
I'm going with different. The parts book lists ever little link and screw for the third seat separately, but just as an example, the P/N for the panel that goes on the back of the third seat (the one that turns into the load floor when you fold the seat down) is different from 64-67 to 68-72.