PUI Window Felts

Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:42 PM

PUI Window Felts

I have a set of PUI window felts I got for a song. Trynig to install, and besides the misaligned holes I only have one question: on side has chrome attached and the other is just rubber. Do i assume the chromed side attaches to the door panel?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:07 PM

Makes send for the chrome strip to be on the door panel side. The chrome strips have the felts, other side is rubber.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:33 PM

Post a pic.

Can't tell from what you've written if you are trying to differentiate b/n INNER and OUTER window sweepers OR if you are instead talking about just one strip style and trying to figure out which side of the strip rests against the panel.

Both inner and outer window sweepers will have "chrome" on them (ie- stainless steel).
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 70Post
Post a pic.

Can't tell from what you've written if you are trying to differentiate b/n INNER and OUTER window sweepers OR if you are instead talking about just one strip style and trying to figure out which side of the strip rests against the panel.

Both inner and outer window sweepers will have "chrome" on them (ie- stainless steel).
I actually figured out the difference, one has rubber and the other is felt. Whats different is the outers do not have the stainless. Its no big deal, I like it without more like a modern car.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 11:56 PM

Never seen the outers without some type of exposed stainless raised "bead" running down the length of each strip.

Yours may have it and it may be covered with a peel-away layer over the stainless bead.
Old April 23rd, 2017, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by 70Post
Never seen the outers without some type of exposed stainless raised "bead" running down the length of each strip.

Yours may have it and it may be covered with a peel-away layer over the stainless bead.
There is no stainless bead. Did a little more searching, apparently PUI has 2 kits Standard and OE style. This one is standard. Doesn't bother me because i prefer the rubber only on the outside.