Dumb question about the rain gutter

Old May 22nd, 2016, 10:29 AM

Dumb question about the rain gutter

Hi Gents,

I apologize in advance for my dumb question. If the rain gutter would be missing in my CS 72 convertible, where would the water go? In the sac where the top folds in or in the trunk? If my car is in the rain I have a lot of water in this sac, my problem is that I cant take a quick look if the gutter is there as there is a 100l LPG tank installed in the trunk.

Thanks,

Marc
Old May 22nd, 2016, 05:50 PM

IIRC the water will come in from around the back of the top, below the rear window and around the rear corners of the top. Then it is directed thru the gutter and drops down behind the doors and out the car in front of the rear tires. I have never gotten water in the "sac". I think something may be wrong with the way your sac is installed?? My car has been caught in many rain storms and never any water in the sac. I have other issues but never water in the storage bag as you mentioned... Let us know what you find out.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 08:08 AM

The "sac" is the well liner. It will go there but it is not water tight. It would also get in the trunk and possibly into the back seat area and on the top motor area of trunk.
Old May 23rd, 2016, 09:14 AM

Strange, my well liner seems to be water proof. After heavy rain I have approx. 20l in the well liner but not a single drop in the trunk. I think I have to take the tank out and check :-(