67 Cutlass Conv bucket seat and console conversion

Search this Thread

Old May 1st, 2016, 05:55 PM
Govt slave

67 Cutlass Conv bucket seat and console conversion

Hi Guys,
I am converting my 67 Cutlass Supreme Convertible to buckets and console.This is my parchment interior now

a few questions:

1) Is there any difference in pattern between "sport" "holiday coupe" or convertible ?
2) What pattern is the above picture ?
3) How do I find what the correct carpet color is ? (like a medium brown)
4) Who do you recommend to buy the seat covers/foam/carpet from ?
(best quality,reasonable pricing) ?

These are the seats I got from a 67 GTO.
Console is supposed to be from 68 Cutlass.

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old May 1st, 2016, 06:24 PM

I really like Legendary for seat foam biscuits and seat covers. I believe the 1967 console is the same as the 1968-69 so you should be good there. Do you have a shifter for it yet? The 2 speed and 3 speed shifters look the same except for the detent, it has another notch for the 3 speed. John
Old May 1st, 2016, 06:50 PM

I have owned several parchment interior 67 cars. the one you show is cutlass Supreme interior. If you order parchment bucket seat upholstery it is a different color than the bench seat color. It is a gold tint. I ordered off white and got the parchment color.
I used black carpet and dash and visors. I have seen it with black originally and brown originally. both correct.

I will post a few pictures. This is PUI brand after about 3 years of lots of use. They are good. I understand Legendary is better but do not know first hand.

Cutlass door panels are very different and are not full door panels in a convertible.

Hope this helps.

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN1255.JPG (569.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg
DSCN1256.JPG (646.1 KB, 28 views)
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:05 AM
Olds Fever

My 66 442 (Hardtop) is Autumn Bronze and has parchment interior... All the carpet areas are black with a black dash... The visors are also parchment... This is an original combination from the factory...
Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:26 AM

The car appears to be a Cutlass Supreme. The interior pattern is Cutlass Supreme not a Sport. A Sport Coupe is a post car but can be a Cutlass Supreme also. The plain Cutlass uses similar interior pattern as the Sport Coupe. My 442 has a Parchment interior or Champagne as called in 67. Your door panel lower carpet should indicate the carpet color used on the floor. Mine is a gold color not brown... Legendary is the place I recommend.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by 2blu442
I really like Legendary for seat foam biscuits and seat covers. I believe the 1967 console is the same as the 1968-69 so you should be good there. Do you have a shifter for it yet? The 2 speed and 3 speed shifters look the same except for the detent, it has another notch for the 3 speed. John

so 1 for Legendary.
Yes the shifter is for 3 sp...(I have turbo 350 trans)
Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:07 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by lemoldsnut
I have owned several parchment interior 67 cars. the one you show is cutlass Supreme interior. If you order parchment bucket seat upholstery it is a different color than the bench seat color. It is a gold tint. I ordered off white and got the parchment color.
I used black carpet and dash and visors. I have seen it with black originally and brown originally. both correct.

I will post a few pictures. This is PUI brand after about 3 years of lots of use. They are good. I understand Legendary is better but do not know first hand.

Cutlass door panels are very different and are not full door panels in a convertible.

Hope this helps.

Larry
Larry,
Now I'm really confused.
Are you saying I shouldn't order Parchment ?
Why would the color be different from bench to buckets ?
Just FYI...I'm not doing the whole interior,just the bucket seats and carpet

so...1 for lengendary
1 for PUI
Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:09 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
The car appears to be a Cutlass Supreme. The interior pattern is Cutlass Supreme not a Sport. A Sport Coupe is a post car but can be a Cutlass Supreme also. The plain Cutlass uses similar interior pattern as the Sport Coupe. My 442 has a Parchment interior or Champagne as called in 67. Your door panel lower carpet should indicate the carpet color used on the floor. Mine is a gold color not brown... Legendary is the place I recommend.
2 legendary
1 PUI
Old May 2nd, 2016, 02:28 PM

For some reason Oldsmobile used two different Parchment colors. if it has a bench seat originally it is an off white. But if it had bucket seats it is a off white with gold tint. (BOTH CALLED PARCHMENT)

I had to order M40 off white to get the right color. Went through this prior to ordering. PUI and Legendary will both send you samples free.

Sorry for the confusion. I was confused at first too but wanted the off white like your bench seat interior is. They offered it with the brownish gold carpet or black. When it has the brownish carpet it also had a brown/tan dash pad and when it has the black carpet it has a black dash pad and visors.

I see your car has the brownish/tan carpet so I would stick with that. it is a nice combination. You probably have brownish/tan seat belts too.

So the console should be painted to match the dash pad. seat backs and bottoms to match the seats.

Last edited by lemoldsnut; May 2nd, 2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:42 AM
Ben

Post the firewall trim tag info, that will answer exactly what the interior color should be.

The legendary covers are of a higher quality- however still get vinyl samples. Whatever brand covers you buy make sure you get American Cushion Industries (aci) buns. They are the most important part when redoing buckets so they feel right. Legendary sells them, national parts depot also sells them, as do other vendors- but be sure to ask when you are getting as some vendors sell both ACI and cheaper ones.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:59 AM

If I may hijack, how does one get the armrest little bolt cover things right for the bench? Does that come from Legendary too?
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:42 AM
Ben

Originally Posted by Koda
If I may hijack, how does one get the armrest little bolt cover things right for the bench? Does that come from Legendary too?
save the ones you have and re-use. nobody makes them.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:26 PM

Koda if you mean the pivot chrome cap that is true save the ones you have darn it.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM

No I didn't but I'll save those too.

I meant the little flaps around the base of the armrest. Hell, if the OP wants rid of the seat, I'd buy it.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 04:55 PM
Govt slave

LEMOLDSNUT,
"So the console should be painted to match the dash pad. seat backs and bottoms to match the seats."

All the other cars I have seen had "parchment" or off white consoles, seat backs and bottoms..my dashpad is brown.

RAMBOW,
Here is the data plate.
I also am gonna need to source paint for the steering column

Last edited by squirell; May 3rd, 2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 08:00 PM

Hey, could I have your old useless bench seat? Mine has a little rip on the driver's side and it doesn't have the arm rest so maybe your's would look better in my Vista Cruiser? ....and could you maybe drive it up to Alberta for me? I'll gladly spring for beer and cook up some steaks ( AAA Alberta beef); you can even stay in our guest room for a few nights.
Old May 4th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by geowindow6768
Hey, could I have your old useless bench seat? Mine has a little rip on the driver's side and it doesn't have the arm rest so maybe your's would look better in my Vista Cruiser? ....and could you maybe drive it up to Alberta for me? I'll gladly spring for beer and cook up some steaks ( AAA Alberta beef); you can even stay in our guest room for a few nights.
lmao !!!!!!!
That would be some road trip !
Old May 5th, 2016, 03:16 AM

Yes on the painting of the console and seats backs. Another note if the seat backs and bottom side trims are in decent shape do not sand them down. They have a layer on them that provides the texture finish to look like the vinyl. Clean them very well and that includes using white vinegar. I used krylon paint and bought a few colors till I found a good match to the seat fabric. Good old Lowes was my source for that.
As for the column paint, if you go to oldsmobility.com they have a chart with paint codes for the different interior colors. 984-C if for Champagne (parchment) I very much like the interior combination you have. My folks bought a 67 442 new and it had the exact interior you have only it was a 4 speed. Your cars color code S is for Champagne. Theirs was the G gold. Both very nice.

The EX if I decode it correctly is for soft ray tinted glass and power windows.

Very nice set up. If mine had this seat set up my gal would say leave it. That way we could sit next to each other.

Nice car. I hope this info helps.

Larry
Old May 8th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Govt slave

Thank you Larry,
That is very helpful.
I do have parchment paint from the parts place that matches very well.

I went to oldsmobility.com and didn't find anything for interiors...I also did a search for 984-c with no results.

I'm gonna try calling Fusick and see if they can help and a trip to Lowes this week
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:05 AM

Lengendary is who you should call.

I will look at my paints. I am sure I still have some of what I used. I know it was krylon.

If you give me your email address I will send you a page with the color code info.

Larry
Old May 9th, 2016, 01:48 PM

I was wrong it is Valspar #85004 Gloss Lovely Bluff

Bought at Lowes
Old May 10th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Govt slave

Originally Posted by lemoldsnut
I was wrong it is Valspar #85004 Gloss Lovely Bluff

Bought at Lowes
Thanks Larry...I'm gonna go this weekend to Lowes
Old May 10th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Govt slave

http://www.lowes.com/pd_351824-4-410.0085004.076_0__

It looks light like my A pillers (cream)
I need the darker color for my steering column